Starting January 2!

Framed Cooks

1 hour ago, Kathy from Texas said:

Hello!  I'm going to start my first Whole30 on the 2nd as well.  I'm excited to see if I notice a difference in some joint pain I've been having this past year. I've never had to really "diet" before so I'm nervous about sticking to these parameters.  Also, I have a huge sweet tooth - yikes!!  Glad to have you all on the journey with me :)

Everyone has different results at different times during the program.  I noticed a difference in my knees within the first 10 days.  

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well this is really my first "Whole30".  I did a Whole27 last year,which ended on Thanksgiving.  No time to even have reintroduction.  With that being said, I really loved the way I felt in such a short period of time.  I've been trying for over a year to do it again, but just couldn't seem to do it...sold a house, bought a new house, lived with parents temporarily while home was being built, daughter graduated H.S., son got married.  All excuses, but seemed like good ones at the time!  Hoping with the new year and feeling like I'm in a food coma, this will be it!  I didn't post anything last time, so here's to hoping this will make me more accountable! :) 

I’m aiming at January 2, also. I love to cook, but there are 13 people in the house, so getting kitchen time can be difficult at times.  I’m planning on doing sheet pan and crockpot cooking (not a huge fan of crockpot cooking, though). I bought the Whole30 Fast & Easy cookbook to get some ideas.  My plan this week is to prepare by shopping for compliant ingredients. Until I have those, I will be cooking things such as the OP suggested for Day 1. I look forward to getting to know all of you on this journey! 

Starting my first Whole30 on January 2nd as well (luckily alongside my husband and parents). Very nervous about not having sweets for 30 days! And about getting enough variety of protein (I only eat fish and seafood - no other meat). Definitely plenty to pick from, but very different than how I normally eat. I have lots of spreadsheets with recipes planned, and have started to do some shopping/cooking! Looking forward to getting this started (but in the meantime, have been eating ALL of the holiday sweets)... 

23 hours ago, bad_monkey123 said:

I'm doing my 1st Whole30 starting on the 2nd, but I've done other types of elimination diets before.  No one is doing this with me, so this will be a helpful group.  I'm excited!  (except for the coffee) :)

I have to say the hardest part of my first W30 was no milk in my tea (and I thought it was going to be the lack of WINE) but as they say, you can do anything for 30 days! :)

15 hours ago, Garden Gal said:

I’m aiming at January 2, also. I love to cook, but there are 13 people in the house, so getting kitchen time can be difficult at times.  I’m planning on doing sheet pan and crockpot cooking (not a huge fan of crockpot cooking, though). I bought the Whole30 Fast & Easy cookbook to get some ideas.  My plan this week is to prepare by shopping for compliant ingredients. Until I have those, I will be cooking things such as the OP suggested for Day 1. I look forward to getting to know all of you on this journey! 

Here's my collection (over the past 3 years) of Whole 30 compliant recipes that I use...hopefully there are some in here that will work for you too!) https://www.framedcooks.com/tag/whole-30-compliant

Hubby and I are starting our 2nd W30 on January 2!

(I posted in a January 1 start group prior to seeing this January 2 group, oops!  I'm super excited to get started, but January 1 is not at all realistic for us.) 

I've already started prepping and have some go-to recipes that I kept from our 1st Whole30 in October 2015.  We did FANTASTIC the first time, but we've completely fallen off the wagon and between our terrible eating habits and a very stressful/crazy 2017, I've gained 40 lbs and need to get myself back to healthy.  I'm extremely blessed to have a partner that is 100% supportive and doing this with me out of sheer support and selflessness.  He's blessed with great genetics and even though he eats double the dessert and naughty foods that I do, he doesn't gain an ounce.  It's maddening.  But, I digress.

This round will be extra hard for me since I have an out of state business trip the week of January 15, but I made sure to book a suite with a full kitchen so I can cook for myself and stay on track!   *crossing fingers*

I'm looking forward to being on this journey with you all!

January 2nd for my hubs and I also. It works out and then we have 17 days till we leave for a 10 day road trip to Mexico with our best friends. 

Its our first time and we’re excited but a little apprehensive, it’ll be nice to have others on the same page as us. 

Starting my 1st W30 on the 2nd as well! I'm not as intimidated by the food part of it as I am by 30 days without alcohol. I'm an attorney and my social life and friends all tend to revolve around alcohol. This is my primarily why I wanted to do the W30 - I realize my indulgences have become habits.  Eek! Well here goes nothing.  I'd love an accountability partner or partners, especially if someone is in the same boat as I am. I'm excited to start 2018 off on a healthy and positive note. Let's do this! 

4 hours ago, NoSugarJustSpice said:

Jan 2nd! I am in. This will be my 4th W30 and I am SOOOOO looking forward to feeling great.  What will everyone make for the 1st dinner? :) What are some of your favorite snacks?

For my first dinner, I'll actually be out of the house. Luckily, I can go to SweetGreen and find plenty. For the first dinner at home, I'm planning to make:

http://whitneybond.com/pesto-baked-salmon-foil-dinner/

with this pesto (minus the cheese): https://www.popsugar.com/moms/Nut-Free-Broccoli-Pesto-Pasta-25298015

Loving everyone's links and ideas! 

Just want to introduce myself as I'm also starting on January 2nd!

I'm Alice, 27 years old, live in London, this is my first Whole30. I'm hoping to set up some good habits for my future, and try and curb some of the cravings I get for sugary sweet foods!

Thanks for sharing your recipe - I'll give it a go!

Alice

10 hours ago, Erin L. said:

Starting my 1st W30 on the 2nd as well! I'm not as intimidated by the food part of it as I am by 30 days without alcohol. I'm an attorney and my social life and friends all tend to revolve around alcohol. This is my primarily why I wanted to do the W30 - I realize my indulgences have become habits.  Eek! Well here goes nothing.  I'd love an accountability partner or partners, especially if someone is in the same boat as I am. I'm excited to start 2018 off on a healthy and positive note. Let's do this! 

It’s the same for me, Erin.  We live a very social lifestyle as well and always seem to have a drink in my hand. That’s got to change so here goes.  We can do this!!!

It wont be easy for sure, but reading the chapter on alcohol and there being NOTHING healthy about it made me take note. So 30 days from now there will still be wine and I bet I’ll remember better and appreciate it even more. 

11 hours ago, Erin L. said:

Erin, I can relate & wine is one of the main reasons why I feel as badly as I do. This is one of the reasons why I need a whole 30. I enjoy wine, but I feel so good after a W30 that it is worth it to give it up for the 30 days and choose a “healthier” option after that. 

When in the company of drinkers, have a soda water w/ lime. Ppl rarely ask what you are drinking anyways. 

We’ve got this!

Hi everyone! I am starting on January 2nd also.  I got married super recently, (12/16/17) and let's just say since then I've gone off the wagon with our mini-moon, Christmas.. and just being stress -free from planning the wedding! I am very ready both physically and emotionally for this much needed reset. I have attempted whole30 before but never completely finished. I have never had a great relationship with food (bingeing, post binge guilt, etc etc etc), and this is exactly what I need to help fix it. I am really excited for this - Sunday and Monday are my food shopping and prepping days. Great to meet you all!

3 hours ago, DoodleJo said:

It’s the same for me, Erin.  We live a very social lifestyle as well and always seem to have a drink in my hand. That’s got to change so here goes.  We can do this!!!

It wont be easy for sure, but reading the chapter on alcohol and there being NOTHING healthy about it made me take note. So 30 days from now there will still be wine and I bet I’ll remember better and appreciate it even more. 

Which book was that from? I’m almost through the Whole 30 book and it doesn’t have a chapter on alcohol. I’m a big nerd so the more I read and prepare, the more ready I’ll feel :) 

2 hours ago, NoSugarJustSpice said:

That’s good advice! I’m starting a boot camp on Tuesday and figured for the first few weeks I’d just consume my time with that and be a bit antisocial until the cravings settle. Did you do anything like that on previous whole 30s or were you still able to be social and just resist temptation right off the bat? 

Hi everyone! I am starting on January 2nd also.  I got married super recently, (12/16/17) and let's just say since then I've gone off the wagon with our mini-moon, Christmas.. and just being stress -free from planning the wedding! I am very ready both physically and emotionally for this much needed reset. I have attempted whole30 before but never completely finished. I have never had a great relationship with food (bingeing, post binge guilt, etc etc etc), and this is exactly what I need to help fix it. I am really excited for this - Sunday and Monday are my food shopping and prepping days. Great to meet you all!

Starting my first whole 30 on Jan 2nd! A little nervous because I am the only one in my family doing it. I have two kids (4 years and 20 months) and a full time job plus a side hustle so I’m crazy busy. I’ve already been GF for 5 years but have started eating way too many GF treats. I’m a rice-aholic and sugar addict so will definitely be detoxing from those. Looking forward to a hard reset on my eating! Glad to have a supportive community to come to. 

Archived