Starting January 2!

Framed Cooks

On 12/30/2017 at 3:44 PM, DoodleJo said:

It’s in the Whole 30 book between Slaying the Sugar Dragon and Not Even the Grains. It’s like page 14 on my phone with the Kindle app, but it’s pretty early in the book. 

Its not gonna be easy, I’ve been a daily drinker most of my adult life, so for me this is my “Dragon”.  Let’s stay in touch so we can support each other. 

Doodle Jo - count me in too! I need support with this no alcohol thing too... it's definitely my "dragon" as well. Thanks!

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone!  I am planning on starting my first Whole30 tomorrow...I'm excited and nervous at the same time.  I am doing this because I am 45 and feel like I'm 55.  I have digestive issues, anxiety, joint pain, headaches.  I am glad to know that I will be able to get the support I know I will need here!  Good Luck!

On 12/30/2017 at 8:06 PM, elizabeth.joan said:

Does anyone have any good recipes for quick weekday breakfasts? 

Good luck.  I have boiled eggs for breakfast.  I'm also eating 1/2 of a sweet potato before I go to the gym in the morning for a little quality carb loading for the work out. 

17 hours ago, aomalley1124 said:

Glad to see your post!  I am also looking to keep my indulgences in check :-)  This is my second Whole 30, the first was about four years ago and I am excited to start again!

Good for you!!! How did your first one go? Any tips you can share?

On ‎12‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 7:12 AM, Framed Cooks said:

I have to say the hardest part of my first W30 was no milk in my tea (and I thought it was going to be the lack of WINE) but as they say, you can do anything for 30 days! :)

That was the toughest part for me, too!  One of the interesting lasting changes I took with from my first W30 was that I lost my taste for Diet Coke---it's just too darn sweet for me now!

I'm quite daunted as this will be my first Whole30.  

We eat well in our home.  But I've reached the over 40 point and no matter the exercise I'm doing I'm stuck in the 170's without budging for the past year.  I've taken my diet to more than one nutritionist who is unable to find any fault or room for improvement in it.  So here I am, desperate to feel more like myself and hoping that this might just be the secret to my lack of weight loss.  Perhaps there is a food I don't know I can't have and I've been eating it all this time!  So frustrating, but looking forward to new possibilities and starting with new hope!

Just prepped a bunch of food today. Made/frozen a ground turkey shepherds pie with sweet potato topping for later in the week. Roasted up a bunch of turkey thighs for dinner tonight/ lunches tomorrow. Made a double batch of Nom Nom Paleo’s spicy tuna cakes (used canned pumpkin purée instead of sweet potatoes). I put half in the fridge and half in the freezer. I meant to make some mayo, but never got around to it. Maybe I’ll do that after work tomorrow and turn half into Whole30 ranch.

I’m feeling good about my second Whole30 (granted I won’t offically start until tomorrow). 

Mom of Three...you can do this! It seems daunting because it goes against every habit that we have gotten into, but this is just making new habits. Good habits! Finish the 30 days -- it's such a short amount of time in the big scheme of life! You got this....use this forum when you need some help and support!

40 minutes ago, Mom of Three said:

I am planning to start Jan.2, I have attempted several times but not been successful completing  30 days. It is my FULL INTENTION to do it this time.

I would appriecate any tips or recipes. Ready to Start 2018 Healthy!

You can do this! I’m only a mom of one (2 years old), but my best tips?

-Make double the amount of anything you cook and freeze half for when you don’t have time to cook from scratch. 

- Keep a pack of applegate farms hot dogs in the house for emergency protein (especially that is kid friendly)

-Remember to eat enough fat in your meals! Early on in my first Whole30, I found myself unsatisfied and really wanting to snack and part of it was that I was trying to be so “healthy” that I wasn’t eating enough healthy fats to satisfy my body. Fixing that helped a lot!

6 hours ago, DeeZaftig said:

Good luck.  I have boiled eggs for breakfast.  I'm also eating 1/2 of a sweet potato before I go to the gym in the morning for a little quality carb loading for the work out. 

I’m a big fan of making an egg bake - oven at 350, cook compliant sausage, onions and spinach together (or whatever veggies you want)! Whisk together 12 eggs in a bowl and pour everything into a small Pyrex regular dish.. bake for 28-30 minutes or until knife comes out clean, and it’s aboit 6 servings for me for the morning! 

I too am a daily drinker of wine.  I've successfully completed two W30's, and I found that if I can distract myself between the hours of 6 to 8 pm, then I'm okay.  Kind of "over the hump" of the wanting.  So try to mix up your routine between your regular wine hours,  And, after a few days, it does get easier and easier.

Hi everyone! I was going to start my Whole 30 today but the holiday weekend was insane and I didn't have time to shop and prep, so I did that today. I will be starting bright and early tomorrow morning. I made egg muffins, chicken thighs and a beef stir fry for the next few days. Good luck guys! We got this!

The best part is looking forward to feeling well again. I have brain fog, my skin is broken out from red wine, and I'm just tired. The feeling a few weeks into a W30 is amazing...and 30 days in? Even better. That is what I am looking forward to. The weight loss is also welcome. Good luck to everyone!

By the way, I like the daily emails they used to send. Do they still do that? I think I actually saved them, so I'll post daily here for all to see.

Looking forward to starting my third Whole30 tomorrow!  I'm actually really excited about it this time. It's been about two years since I've done one, and my habits have gotten very bad again and the weight is creeping on - Whole30 is really the only thing that gets be back on track. I love how mindful and empowered it makes me. 

The biggest challenge for me is always the social aspect - we go out a lot and eating and drinking is a big part of our social lives. My goal is to not pass up anything I'd do if I weren't on Whole30 - I think we'll find that it can still be fun sans food and alcohol.

If anyone is looking for recipes, I just put together a round up of my favorites from over the years! 

Good luck everyone! We got this!

Anyone else sneak in one last treat tonight? Just finished some dark chocolate, then packed my food for tomorrow (I'll be eating breakfast and lunch at work, and then out to a salad restaurant for dinner). So excited (and nervous) to finally get started!

19 minutes ago, Melanie S said:

Anyone else sneak in one last treat tonight? Just finished some dark chocolate, then packed my food for tomorrow (I'll be eating breakfast and lunch at work, and then out to a salad restaurant for dinner). So excited (and nervous) to finally get started!

Oh ya!  I'm drinking my wine and helping to finish off the pecan pie that's in the kitchen!

8 hours ago, Erin L. said:

Good for you!!! How did your first one go? Any tips you can share?

The first was difficult, but, I lost a good amount of weight and felt amazing! I have four children and it is hard when you are the only one in the family sticking to the plan. This time the kids are older and enjoy eating healthier foods and my husband has actually offered to do it with me :-) I am trying to make sure I have food choices we can all enjoy.  I found that the weekly plans from Melissa Joulwan's site, Well Fed, is a great help and time saver.  One day of prep, get the instant pot or slow-cooker, oven and stove going all at once for a great week of delicious meals.  I also will be using the Whole 30 day by day journal.

Excited for tomorrow...here's to kicking those habits and feeling great! I look forward to hearing how you like it.

1 hour ago, BeckyB said:

Oh ya!  I'm drinking my wine and helping to finish off the pecan pie that's in the kitchen!

Ha - finished the wine and chocolate fondue, and told the kids they could now eat my yogurt and raisin bread. I’m ready for tomorrow!

Archived