Starting January 2!

Framed Cooks

Starting my second full W30 (plus a few partial forays when feeling crappy). I am ready to stop vacation eating and get back on track. It’s been several months and the weight has been creeping up again. My clothes are tight, my skin is not clear, and I’m feeling grumpy a lot. Let’s do this!

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, BeckyB said:

I too am a daily drinker of wine.  I've successfully completed two W30's, and I found that if I can distract myself between the hours of 6 to 8 pm, then I'm okay.  Kind of "over the hump" of the wanting.  So try to mix up your routine between your regular wine hours,  And, after a few days, it does get easier and easier.

Yeah, that is my “witching” hour too, as I’m making dinner I have wine. I’m just going have to do without it. I’ll appericiate it more at the end of the round. 

I’m starting tomorrow for the very first time. I’m nervous, but excited!  I’ve got beef roast and veggies in the slow cooker overnight and I’ve already made some kale/bacon/mushroom egg cups for my breakfasts. I know this community will be an important support along the journey, so thanks in advance!

Hi Everyone! Im going to jump in and join you all :)

This is my third Whole30 although I was only 100% successful with my first one. I'm looking forward to totally committing myself like I did the first time. 

Cheers to a great 2018 and a successful Whole30 <3 

I'm starting tomorrow! This will be my second attempt at a Whole30. My first attempt was September 2016 and I stuck to the plan for 21 days. I was feeling really great during the last week and then when I made the choice to go off the plan I felt really guilty about not finishing it. I really want to do the entire 30 day program plus the 10 day re-introduction phase this time. I struggle with migraines, GERD and undiagnosed digestive issues, so I am really hoping that this reset will help ease my symptoms. 

I’m starting January 2nd too! In fact, it’s technically January 2nd already, but I’m up late with nerves. I already prepped some meals for the week, but I know my biggest challenge is sweets. I don’t know how to get through a day without treats!  Eek!

HAPPY DAY ONE EVERYONE!  I'm starting off with a cup of peppermint tea, some hardboiled eggs and some baby carrots.  Lunch is meatball and spinach soup, and supper is sheet pan chicken with veggies (let me know if anyone needs the recipe).  We got this!!!

Kate xx

Good morning and Happy Day 1!  I was a lazy turd yesterday and didn't prep for breakfast/lunch today, so I scrambled this morning to get breakfast and lunch ready for the husband and myself.  I did a darn good job, but I won't make that mistake again anytime soon!  Onion, mini potato, pulled pork and egg scramble for breakfast and pulled pork salad with dried apricots for lunch.  I packed us both some pistachios as a snack, if necessary. 

When I feel the need for something other than plain old water, my go-to drinks are GT's Kombucha and La Croix, so I have both of those options at the ready!

Have a GREAT day, everyone.  WE'VE GOT THIS!!

Hey guys! Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Jeremiah and my wife and I are beginning today January 2nd. I'm pretty excited about getting my health back on track and seeing what other positive changes that will lead to. I look forward to connecting with as many of you as I can.

I've been lurking for a week knowing I was going to commit but debating on forum participation.  (Why, I don't know as I think the forum is very motivational)  This is my third whole 30.  My sugar dragon has completely taken over since Thanksgiving and I have the weight gain to prove it.  I did my shopping last week and have done some prep.  I'm making the asparagus soup in the new fast and easy cookbook today.  The shrimp and mango salad is on my list for today too.  I think I am a little more prepared this time around as it seemed like my first one was spent entirely in the kitchen or at the grocery store looking for compliant food.  

3rd W30 for me and today (Jan 2) is my Day 1.  Lots of GF processed foods had crept back into my life during the process of a major move and I have been feeling bloated and inflamed.  I have also had a lot of sugar in the past 6 months.  NSV goal #1 is to reduce swelling in my joints, specifically my hands.  NSV goal #2 is improved sleep.  I'm also hoping to lose some inches around my belly and, yes, a few pounds.    Cooking plans for today are my favorite slow cooker balsamic chicken thighs (great left over) and tomorrow making venison chile.  

Blessings everyone!  We've got this!

12 hours ago, DoodleJo said:

Yeah, that is my “witching” hour too, as I’m making dinner I have wine. I’m just going have to do without it. I’ll appericiate it more at the end of the round. 

Same here!  I'm determined to drink more water as one of my NSV goals, so I'm going to keep my water bottle close by as I make dinner. :)

Hey everyone!  This is my second attempt at W30 - first one in the summer, only made it half way through.  I made the mistake of not reading a label on lime juice that I was adding to my meals and later realized it contained sulfites - this discouraged me and I didn't have the heart to stick with it.  Going into this second round having read through both "It Starts with Food" and "Whole30" - hoping being better prepared will allow me to be more successful.

Wishing everybody luck as you start on the W30 journey!

Just started today too. Hi everyone! This will be my 2nd whole 30 (first one was in 2015). I definitely need to rein things in and hit the reset button for myself. I'm trying to take the things/recipes I learned from my first whole 30 and hopefully that'll make things a little smoother.

ps. I now have an instant pot so sweet potatoes, beets and long/slow braises on tough cuts of meat are a breeze. That will definitely make things easier.

My second whole30 starts today! Meal prepped for the week so there’s no guesswork.  Hoping I can stick to this.  Loved it the first time I did it, but it’s been a while!! 

Got an instant pot for christmas and omg I’m in love! No excuses now! 

Thought it was funny though— went to Whole Foods yesterday and all of the whole30 compliant products were on sale. Everything from primal paleo etc. Lol! A lot of it was also sold out. Lots of people starting a whole30 im sure! 

2 hours ago, MrsKelly1026 said:

Hello! It's January 2nd and and this is my first round! Grateful to have found this thread... I thought I might be the only one starting today. :)

You are definitely not alone!  Come back often - the forums are great encouragement and happy Day One!

Archived