Joining the community and starting on Jan. 1 2018

Alanna Evans

Hi guys!

Like the title said, I'm starting in January and I'm both scared and excited! I failed the Whole 30 in May 2016 and I have felt guilty about it ever since. The most I remember from the Whole30 was hunger, sadness and tiredness and constantly saying, "I'm never doing this again" so getting the courage to start again has been really tough. I'm doing this alone and I'm only 14 so I can't shop for myself and my family is on a pretty tight budget so doing all those creative Pinterest recipes isn't an option. Nevertheless, I need to stop making excuses and just do it, I've struggled with eating disorders since I was 10, I did the crash diets, bulimia, I starved myself, excessively exercised and my weight has gone all over the place and in the end I've hated my body every. single. step. of the way. In the past year I've gradually gotten healthier, I've gotten over bulimia, started eating better and I've started working out healthily with this amazing site called FitnessBlender (not sponsored I just love them)  and I've healthily lost 15 pounds this year but I need the whole30 for the last push. No more crying over the food I gave into and no more sobbing about how much I hate my body, I can't let food keep interfering with the rest of my life. It's time to take control of my body, my health and my life, I hope I can do it and I know I'll need support throughout, but I'm finally ready to give it my all! 

Hi Mireille!

I am starting my first Whole30 in January, too. Like you, I'm scared and excited! I really want to stick with it. I have heard about the hunger and cravings! Doesn't sound like fun but if we can get through the first couple of weeks, we can make it the full 30 days! 

You're only 14? I'm old...47 lol. But I'm here to support you nevertheless!

14 hours ago, Mireille Cypher said:

Thank you so much!

Yes, I'm only 14 but I don't think it's ever too early or too late to get healthy! I think a big problem in our society is that teenagers aren't educated about health, a lot of my peers are athletes and are very thin, but they eat very badly and I think that is as much of a problem as being overweight.

So thank you for being willing to support me! Together I think we can do it and I'm here to support you as much as you need, whether that's encouraging you not to give in to in temptation, sharing recipes or giving you a virtual high five when you accomplish your goals, highs and lows I'm here 100%

W30 doesn't have to be as complicated / expensive as pinterest & cookbooks make it seem.  I did great with basic, simple cooking and even spent LESS in those thirty days than the previous as I didn't succumb to mindless eating and snack purchases.

I remember being that age - some 40 years ago, and my body could tolerate eating crap and not healthy much better than I can now.  

Archived