Accountability partners for January 1st 2018

FingerlingPotato

Hi there! I did a round 1 pretty much alone and made it to 28 days!

I KNOW RIGHT!!?!

Anyway, I truly am a person that just does not do well doing going at things alone and hoping to find someone else looking for accountability partners.

I do eat fairly healthy...Gluten and dairy free and no artificial sweeteners. Unfortunately they make FABULOUS gluten, dairy and artificial sweetener free cookies and muffins and YUMMY stuff and well I am just gaining weight and it needs to stop.

2018 is the year of eating even better and getting off the couch! Will you do this with me?

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning from frozen Scotland.  I'm starting again on 1/1/18. Have successfully managed to get through 1 whole30  but have tried a few and given up since, usually making it to about day 19/20 then that glasse of wine or cookie wins! 

Got my determined head on this time though so we can do this!

Have got of to a good start as  managed to get a huge organic Turkey crown cheap in local supermarket so that's cooked ready to be portioned and frozen. I' going to try to do a big cook off on Sunday to help me through first few days. Making mayo etc helps loads too. 

I'm pretty much dairy free anyway but oh boy sugar is another matter! Not looking forward to detox from that. 

So as you say 2018 is the year of eating better and getting off the couch! 

Hi!! This will be my first Whole30, and I really want to knock it out of the park!  My sugar intake is so bad and I have no willpower.  I'm hoping to change that in 2018.  I want to be able to say no and make healthier choices.  I work out at least 4-5 times per week but my eating habits are so bad that I am not seeing as much results as I should be.  

I want to do this with you.  Let's help each other through this challenge!  We got this! :) 

Oh Sunshine! Just your name makes me smile as it is 9F here in beautiful (also frozen) Colorado, and I am super happy to have 1 reply!

I too tried another round a couple times after my first and failed only to give up completely (usually it's the cookies fault). The only reason I made it only to day 28 my first time around was my son, who i wasn't going to see for 10 days wanted to go to our favorite pizza place together. Who could say no to that? 

Well this time around Whole 30 is not so new to him and he is getting used to me just saying no and I am ready to go. I even have hubby on board as far as no more Gluten free pastries! He wont do Whole30 with me 100% but he will be pretty close to it thank heavens!

I have eggs and spinach and avocados and black olives as well as some store bought whole30 approved mayo and meal plans for the first week. Look at us prep! woohoo!

Now I am actually excited for Jaunuary 1st! Let's do this!

Crazy Cookie I think sugar is every ones weakness! It is also the hardest thing for me to read labels and make sure there is no sugar! All the secret words they sneak into ingredients now are such B.S.! I recently saw carrageenan added in chicken! CHICKEN? REALLY!?!

You can say no to sugar! I know you can!

I am so glad you responded and so excited for us to be there for one another!

I would love to have an accountability partner! :)

I successfully completed my first Whole30 a year and a half ago, completely alone. I'm not sure where that determination came from, but I did it and felt great! Since then, I have attempted four more Whole30s and only made it 2-3 weeks before bowing out. I'm determined to complete this January Whole30 because I want to eliminate my terrible sugar cravings, have more (consistent) energy, and feel healthy, strong, and accomplished. 

We can do it! :)

Good morning!

My husband and  I will be doing our first round of Whole 30 beginning January 1st. We are a relatively healthy and active family, but we need to do this! Will definitely help others stay accountable and keep us accountable too! :D 

Hello All! This is my first round as well and would love to have accountability partners too! I’m doing this alone and although I have support, having others who understand and are in the same boat is always a blessing! I will definitely do this with you guys!

YAY! I am so glad others need accountability partners!

I do have a birthday on the 26th but I already know I can eat at Texas de Brazil and i see no need to eat off plan for that day right now. I hope I can stick to that feeling but I think with all of you at my side I can do it! I hope I can be there for you as well!

Hubby and I are also buying an elliptical machine with a goal of working out at the same time every night so this should help get us off the couch!

How good is this!  FingerlingPotato, Sassy78, AlysshaG, amychica99, CrazyCookie, bmc2 lovely to meet you all. You will have to forgive me if at points I rant and grump! I'm not sunshine all the time ha Ha! Looking forward to doing this together.  Monday isn't  too far away. CLEAR out the cupboards, get the recipe books pots and pans out ladies here we go! 

Hey there, FingerlingPotato, Sassy78, AlysshaG, amychica99, CrazyCookie, and bmc2! Greetings from Boulder, Colorado! Is there room for one more? 

I've been mentally preparing for this, my first Whole30, since last summer. Seriously. I set my Jan. 1, 2018 start date back in July; I knew I'd need time to get my head around the reality of no sugar, dairy, or grains! (I'm not too concerned about cutting out legumes or alcohol.) 

My greatest hope for the Whole30 is that I will have NO taste for added sugar when this is all over: that I will turn up my nose at a doughnut the way I do at mushrooms and eggplant.

My greatest fear is that I will find that I feel better without dairy or gluten. (Give up pizza forever? Whhhhaaaat??) 

OK, folks. Giddy up!

I am so excited to have new friends!!!!  Sunshine,  you can grump all you want!   We're all here for you.  I am so excited for Monday to roll around.  It feels like being at the top of a roller coaster looking down waiting for that moment when the car drops and the fun begins.  :)  

Sunshine, Sassy78, AlysshaG, amychica99, CrazyCookie, bmc2, Nikki, writehandmaam I am so glad you all responded to my post as I think accountability partners can be very important. I know I need them.

I wish there was a way to respond individually. Maybe there is and I just cant figure it out.

I cant wait for us all to start ans looking forward to helping each other with the ups and downs.

WriteHandMaam, I am also in Colorado not far from Boulder and when we are done with our first phase (or before we start) there is a great pizza place with Gluten Free dough and vegan cheese!!! I dont like Vegan cheese except on this pizza.

That's all I am going to say about that now as i don't want to tempt you all too much.

Anyway, its not so bad. I have been Gluten free over a year now and Dairy free for about 3 months.

Oh my gosh I'm so happy to find this thread!

I will be starting my third Whole30 on January 1. The other two I completed on my own, but I wouldn't go so far as to call them "successful." If I'm honest, I wasn't really sticking with the spirit of the Whole30, and really spent 30 days eating compliant food. Think LOTS of snacking, dates, RX bars when the sugar dragon hit... everything had compliant ingredients, but I didn't follow the spirit or the template as well as I want to this time.

I have three young children (6, 3, and 1) and fortunately they'll eat whatever I serve them so they will be eating mostly what I eat.  My husband will eat what I cook, but he also has a kind of wacky work schedule and he doesn't eat with us very often.  I will have non-compliant food in the house, as I don't feel the need to be totally strict with the kids and what they eat, and I'll be packing my daughter's lunch every day (including sandwiches sometimes).  So I'll really be the only one doing this in our household.

I just ordered the whole30 day-by-day book and am really excited to get it!

I was eating pretty well and working out 4 times a week when I got a devastating lower back injury doing crossfit (shocker).  Since then I have fallen completely off the wagon and have been in pretty much binge-eating mode ever since.  While I don't tend to gain weight very easily, I have been feeling the effects of eating so much junk for the last 2 months and being sedentary during that time, too.  Losing crossfit has been like enduring a bad breakup.  I was in love and I got burned.  I'm still dealing with some pain and really want to find a new activity, but am so disheartened after needing to quit crossfit that I really don't have much motivation to find something new.  I also want to get on top of my PT exercises every day so I can actually have a chance at fully recovering from that fiasco.  

Starting Jane 1st! This is my second attempt at whole30. The first round my husband said he’d do it with me. I think he was doing another life changing diet called barely30, hardly30 . I made it to day 18 and caved on chips and salsa. Ready for this round and preparing the house. I have two little ones and will allow them some things that aren’t compliant with whole30. 

Oh dear KTH1010 don' say that! I just changed gyms to local crossfit one to step it up a bit this year. I'll need to be carefully what I'm doing! Ok 

Why don' we start the ball rolling and say what meals we are planning for first few days?Great to hear all your ideas

Hello everyone!, I’m starting my second W30 on January 1st. I did it the first time in September but at Day 24 I caved for the wine. I miss wine the most. 

I do not have a terrible relationship with food, but I have a bad habit of drinking wine at night due to a stressful, very high profile job. In addition to my career and business travel I have a husband who also has a high profile job and two kids who are both sporty and musical which means busy evenings as many of you know. I try to work out in the mornings but the W30 makes that hard because I’m so tired!

I am an “all or nothing kind of girl” and I want to learn to breathe, relax more, be kinder to myself and not give into my cravings. Is there anyone else who feels like me or has my kind of life?

I need support this month as my husband will be traveling for most of it and it will be just me doing double parent duty as well as working and trying to stay away from wine and be compliant!

OMGoodness!! Yay!! Hey y’all! I’m Aryka, 25 years young (26 on January 19th). My boss, her sister and myself are all doing TW30 starting January 1st as well! My boss got me my Commit30 journal/day planner for 2018, and in the front were suggestions to “commit to”. I’ve never heard of TW30 until i saw “30 Days of Whole30” in the front of my new planner! I googled it and got so excited i shared with others! So excited to start! I’ve gained 35 lbs since May20, 2017 when i got married,  and I’m miserable! 

I’m a personal assistant, so I’m around my boss and her sister a lot. I work at her house with her and her sister lives with her. So I have accountability partners well I’m at work. However, my husband isn’t too fond of cutting all of this food out. He’s a huge beer drinker, and loves his food. I also love food, (one reason we get along so well lol),  but I am ready for a change.  We’ve been married for 7  months,  and would love to have a child. I know that my weight is not helping. And neither is the alcohol. So cutting it all out and losing some weight to be healthier to be able to have a child, is my biggest motivation right now. 

So so looking forward to a New Year started on the right foot and path!! ❤️

Sunshine33,  Please be careful with Crossfit (and any workout)!  Very proud of you for stepping up your game!  I plan to add some bootcamp classes into my weekly routines as well.  I already weight train 3 times a week, and do Yoga on Saturday morning.    

I'll be planning my meals out this weekend for the first week, then prepping on Saturday or Sunday morning.  I will be sure to share, I think that's a great idea.  I picked up a 16 week workout and meal planner.  Part of my goals for 2018 is to stay organized.  Organization is the key to success.  I'm calling my New Year's Resolution "Take Control of 2018".   

I've been eating like a piggy for the past month, and quite frankly, I'm very sick of it.  KTH1010, I know what you mean by you can feel the effects of the junk.  I'm so ready.  

Looking forward to seeing what everyone has planned.  :)  TTYL

Archived