Accountability partners for January 1st 2018

FingerlingPotato

Just being accountable with my w30!

1 fried egg cooked w/ghee, 1 compliant Italian  sausage,  1 baked small sweet potato with sliced banana,  a small dollop of almond butter,  cinnamon and sprinkling of coconut.  Oh and of course my morning cup of hot chicken broth in liew of coffee.  Yum! 

20180108_082808.jpg

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning, friends :)  I hope everyone had a good weekend!  I try to avoid the computer on the weekends since I'm on it all day at work, so that's why I was MIA. 

I feel like I may have lost a few pounds, which is great, but my pants are snug today (for the love of Gosling, right?).  I'm definitely bloated and uncomfortable.  I'm also very, very tired.  I had a hard time falling asleep last night and a hard time waking up this morning. Yesterday all around was hard...I had blurry vision while I was cooking (I think from chopping so many onions, or maybe from just being so tired).  I also had crazy vivid dreams this weekend, which I sorta like.  No more burning rage at everything, but I'm very short tempered - I had to apologize to my kids twice this morning before 7 a.m. for snapping at them, and my poor partner has been annoying me pretty consistently this weekend :D.  I miss Noosa yogurt so much it hurts, more than anything else.  I don't have much of an appetite. 

I remember, though, from my last W30 that the turning point is coming.  There will be a day that we wake up feeling vibrant and wonderful and rested.  I can't wait!  

On 1/6/2018 at 7:56 AM, ShellyM said:

Day 6 and I am struggling....no appetite, no energy. Perfectly happy to spend the weekend indoors watching football, when the temp is barely 10 degrees! 

Forcing myself to eat, barely able to eat 3 small meals. But then when I think about it, I don't think I would have a problem eating a slice of pizza!  

Gonna make some meatballs, hoping that will be more appealing.  Will probably go to the gym because I know I should. 

I too am totally struggling with no appetite.  my energy is fine.  but the no appetite it very new to me.  and my usual diet isn't very dirty or the SAD.  thinking it must be hormone related?  eating when I'm not hungry feels weird...... thoughts?

You guys...I had a sudden and insane burst of energy.  I just took a spin class and then a power pump (weightlifting) class right after - I decided I'd rather take a two hour lunch and work an extra hour tonight than skip out on what my body was telling me. 

I don't know how long it'll last...if I've turned a corner energy-wise or if this is just a little spike...but I full intend to enjoy it :)

Started Jan 1 with my wife. This is my third go around. Hope to get get to Jan 30th and then go Paleo. Overdid the drinking and desserts this holiday season and it was remarkable how quickly the aches and pains reappeared and the weight went ballistic. Good luck everyone  .....

My goal is to follow a strict regimen thru March 28th - my wife's birthday !!!

@MistyJG That's amazing! I'm so excited to hear that others are experiencing this! gives me hope for my own energy burst!

Today has been just OK for me. I actually feel like my energy might be lower, but work this week is also extremely busy so I'm not sure if it's just that.

Definitely feeling that "oh no my pants are tighter!" feeling today. But it's actually somewhat reassuring to be experiencing the same things that are predicted. 

All in all, I'm quite proud I'm still committed to the program! I still feel very resolved to make it all the way though!

On 1/7/2018 at 2:19 PM, sunshine33 said:

Hi FingerlingPotato ( and all )

I ordered that book in December and Amazon may be delivering it on 15/1  better late than never!

Still going but have been busy decorating my guest bedroom so haven' been shopping and really need to get some more veggies eggs etc tomorrow. Headache has gone and I'm sure my clothes feel bit looser. 

I find it very hard not to step on the scales. My day could be happy or ruined just by the number on those pesky things! :wacko: I wish I was brave enough to just throw them away! 

Back to work tomorrow surrounded by cakes bread and  all sorts of temptation so little bit anxious about that. But if I'm organised with lunch to take with me instead of having it there I'll be fine. 

Day 7 done!:D

I cheated and stepped on the scale during my first round of w30.  I put it away in the closet this time and haven't even been tempted!  Out of sight out of mind.  

Good luck at work.  Drink lots of water and keep reminding yourself how much better you're feeling by eating great foods!

EXTREMELY cranky today, and also feeling a little anxious about work this week. These are feelings I would usually drown in food. But I'm posting here instead. I know that tonight after work is going to be the hardest time, but I've planned ahead and dinner is already prepped and ready to be thrown into the oven, so no excuses!

22 minutes ago, Olivia R said:

EXTREMELY cranky today, and also feeling a little anxious about work this week. These are feelings I would usually drown in food. But I'm posting here instead. I know that tonight after work is going to be the hardest time, but I've planned ahead and dinner is already prepped and ready to be thrown into the oven, so no excuses!

Olivia!  Good for you for planning in advance and making sure you can get through this tough day.

I'm super cranky too!  Every time someone sticks their head in my office I think about slapping them. Not really.  But kind of. 

I'm thinking of you and I'm sure we'll power through together.  Happy Day 9!

13 hours ago, Olivia R said:

@MistyJG That's amazing! I'm so excited to hear that others are experiencing this! gives me hope for my own energy burst!

Today has been just OK for me. I actually feel like my energy might be lower, but work this week is also extremely busy so I'm not sure if it's just that.

Definitely feeling that "oh no my pants are tighter!" feeling today. But it's actually somewhat reassuring to be experiencing the same things that are predicted. 

All in all, I'm quite proud I'm still committed to the program! I still feel very resolved to make it all the way though!

So bloated that I had to wear leggings today.  I slept badly, too, and I'm VERY tired.  It's a bit of a roller-coaster right now, isn't it? 

I'm glad you feel resolved and committed, and I'm especially grateful that we're here to support each other!

Hi!!  

I have made it so far so good.  Frustrating over the weekend, but in the end willpower has won (which is a first).  My face is breaking out, but other than that I feel really good.  No real changes yet. 

Good to see everyone is still on track! 

23 hours ago, alicia b said:

I too am totally struggling with no appetite.  my energy is fine.  but the no appetite it very new to me.  and my usual diet isn't very dirty or the SAD.  thinking it must be hormone related?  eating when I'm not hungry feels weird...... thoughts?

@alicia b

This lasted 3 days for me, and I did force myself to eat, even if it was very small meals.  It was difficult to eat the right balance of foods, but I did stay compliant. This is my 4th W30 and I have never faced this before.  

57 minutes ago, MistyJG said:

So bloated that I had to wear leggings today.  I slept badly, too, and I'm VERY tired.  It's a bit of a roller-coaster right now, isn't it? 

I'm glad you feel resolved and committed, and I'm especially grateful that we're here to support each other!

It really is! I am also having trouble sleeping and feeling SO tired in the mornings especially. I read ahead in the Day by Day book and it seems like for the most part we can expect to be feeling better by the end of the week. I know it's different for everyone, but so far the book seems pretty on track with things.

34 minutes ago, CrazyCookie said:

Hi!!  

I have made it so far so good.  Frustrating over the weekend, but in the end willpower has won (which is a first).  My face is breaking out, but other than that I feel really good.  No real changes yet. 

Good to see everyone is still on track! 

Good job! So glad we've all made it this far! 

Yesterday I scraped by, barely! I was out of the house 7:30 am till 7:30 pm, which meant 2 meals in the car between appointments. It was all compliant, but much more fruit than I've been eating. By the time I went to bed I just didn't feel right. But I didn't go off-plan. This morning I had eggs and cabbage. OMG DO I FEEL BETTER. I think my body has kinda shifted to fat-burning and likes it that way!

Buuuuut ... my face is breaking out again, too, @CrazyCookie! That's okay, though. I feel better.

20 hours ago, Srini said:

Overdid the drinking and desserts this holiday season and it was remarkable how quickly the aches and pains reappeared and the weight went ballistic. Good luck everyone  .....

You and me, both, @Srini! I had a cold, too, so I didn't feel like cooking. It was take-out, desserts, and wine lol. I am so glad to be back "home" on W30. May your aches, pains, and weight all disappear!

6 hours ago, ShellyM said:

@alicia b

This lasted 3 days for me, and I did force myself to eat, even if it was very small meals.  It was difficult to eat the right balance of foods, but I did stay compliant. This is my 4th W30 and I have never faced this before.  

I'm in the exact same boat. I've never struggled with lack of appetite on the W30 before, but my desire to eat food this month has been very low. I've been compliant so far, but eating three full meals has been a challenge. I have no idea why I/we feel this way. Maybe it's the weather?

On the plus side, my lack of appetite applies to both compliant and non-compliant foods, so I haven't had to deal with cravings or temptation yet! :D

Hey everybody!  Day 10!  How's everybody doing so far?

I'm am finally starting to sleep better!  I work night shift, 7 nights at a time, so sleep is a huge thing for me.  I start my week off today, and I have leftover kalua pork from Nom Nom Paleo (yum!) and a chicken ready to roast.  I have 4 freezer meals planned to make this week as well.  

Keep up the great work?

Not going to lie, I've been sleeping like a champ.  (My husband said I fell asleep about 10 seconds after telling him I wasn't tired the other day)  I'm also having a hard time with my appetite.  I think it's just my body regulating.  I've probably been overeating for so long my body is in shock.  

Another small curiosity:  My mouth is always dry.  I drink water all day but it goes right back to sandpaper.  Is this normal?  

I'm so proud of everyone for staying compliant.  

Day 10 is one of the Hardest Days, right?  I'm definitely feeling it...I'm tired today and super clumsy.  I've dropped like 5 things all ready, including coffee and my breakfast.  I also snapped at Nick about 12 times before we left home this morning.  Woop!  I can't believe he still loves me after the past week and a half :D 

Saw "The Shape of Water" last night and it was sooooo good.  The 2 hour distraction was very necessary.  Looking forward to less than a week (hopefully!) before Tiger Blood...

Happy Day 10, friends! <3

Greetings on Day 10. I feel energized today!  Hoping this is an indication that I am turning a corner.  I made a trip to Albany NY for a meeting. It was difficult to navigate meals, but I stayed with it. Lesson learned: staff are more than willing to help you if you make specific requests. But you have to speak up and ask.  I am sure they are used to dealing with people with all types of dietary restrictions, but I never wanted to be one of those people.  This was a big step for me--it is OK to be "special" and ask for modifications.  Example: we had lunch before we left. They rolled out a grilled cheese bar with 3 different types of grilled cheese sandwiches. There was a tossed salad as well, so my choice was either have a big salad with no protein or ask for something else.  I asked for something else and they brought me a piece of grilled chicken for the salad.  

Today is my day off and food planning/shopping/prep day.  My food planning tends to a little less structured. Instead of planning very structured meals, I usually plan components that can then be mixed and matched over a few days. Today I already made taco meat, a tossed salad, and spiralized parsnip noodles.  For lunch I had salad with a green goddess dressing, taco meat over parsnip noodles that I sautéed in Magic Mushroom Powder, topped with leftover taco sauce (from Fast&Easy recipe). Yum!  I am going to make chicken tinga in my Instant Pot a little later and maybe something with sweet potatoes.  

@MistyJG I loooooved the Shape of Water too!  Even more than Ladybird. 

So far so good, though I am still "snacking"(compliantly, but do I really need to??). However I am feeling some stress from a project I'm working on and for the first time since we started I felt like I'd really like something non-compliant. I got home and just checked the book as to the timeline-  today and tom'w are billed as the hardest days. I am going to make sure I get to the gym later as planned, rather than blowing it off because I'm a little stressed out or distracted. I am sleeping really well but I am feeling a slight lack of energy late evening and some nights I have to force myself to not go to bed early; since it just means I'll be up that much earlier the next morning.

Archived