Advice for Students?

k1320

Hi guys! I'm very excited (and very nervous) for my Whole30 starting Jan. 1. Luckily, my parents are participating with me, but I am a college student and am constantly offered pizza, cupcakes, and cookies. Thankfully I live off campus, and therefore have more control over my food, but I am nervous for those nights I am up late studying. My first Whole30 -- which went awesome -- was during the summer. Any advice? Thanks! K

Hi! The best advice I can think of is to have clearly defined goals. This way, if someone offers you one of those aforementioned items, you have your personal reasons for saying no. Don't let anyone try to convince you otherwise!

Also, making sure you eat enough is key to stave off late night eating. Make sure you are following the template.

Last, have an exit strategy. If you are being offered too many things too often, have your no thank you exit strategy ready. This advice from the whole9 blog may be just what you need.

http://whole9life.com/2012/12/holiday-prep-guide/

If you can tell your friends why and that you will partake another time, it may help.

You already know how great it feels. I think it is awesome your parents are in too!

Yep - all of the above. However I remember pulling all-nighters to get essays finished for deadlines and my daughter's currently doing the same :( So have a plan. When you're tired, grouchy, trying to finish something or cram facts into your head is *not* the time to have to start thinking, 'I'm starving what can I eat?' Have some easy 'go-to' compliant meals ready. You've already done a W30 so you probably already know what you like. For me, it would be hard boiled eggs, mayo and lettuce leaves, or tuna, olives and tinned green beans, or sardines, avocado and tomatoes.

Whatever you like, is compliant, and easy, have that on hand. That way, when you're studying late, even though we've told you not to :) , you won't have to waste brain cells on thinking 'what can I eat' but can save them all for studying.

Hi! I am also a student and started my first Whole30 today! aaahhhh! I know exactly what you mean when you are constantly surrounded by bad foods. My plan is to make a cup of tea when someone offers me something so I don't just sit there staring at them! As for late nights, I am thinking veggie sticks and the Baba Ghanoush from 'Well Fed':)

Archived