Roasting raw cashews?

SammyC

So I love cashews.. because they rock. But all bagged roasted cashews have peanut oil in the ingredients. So I bought organic raw whole cashews which are just cashews.

now my question is.. is it ok to roast them myself with a little salt? 

Just now, ShannonM816 said:

Yes, this is fine.

Remember that nuts can be food without brakes for many people, and that having too many can lead to digestive issues, so pay attention to how you're using them, but in moderation, they're fine to have.

Thank you.. I definitely love nuts, but I'm keeping in mind that I shouldn't have them constantly. I just wanna make sure I have another snack option so I'm not eating 5 servings of fruit on a daily basis.

if you have any other small snack recommendations I'm all for it! I'm the cookie/donut/Nutella on toast after work type so I'm looking for a snack to eat maybe in the car or at the end of my work day so I'm not hungry when I get home

• Moderators

Rather than a snack, think in terms of a mini meal of protein, fat, and vegetables, or at least two of the three. So maybe a hard boiled egg, some carrot sticks, and mayo or guacamole. 

Your meals really should keep you satisfied 4-5 hours at a time, and over time, you'll probably find you can easily go a little bit longer and won't always need something after work.

Archived