Starting my first Whole30 January 2nd!

Erin L.

I'm super excited to see how my body responds to the Whole30, but honestly I haven't gone 30 days without alcohol probably since junior high school (ok, maybe not even a week since then - this is my primary motivating factor for doing the Whole30), so that is going to be the biggest challenge for me. Any tips on this would be very appreciated.

Hello Erin,

I am in this with you. I am starting on January 2nd myself. We can do this! I don't drink alcohol so I have no idea how hard this will be for you, but I want to lend my support to you in this journey. Just keep thinking about how much better you will feel on January 31st. 

AMR

I also don't drink alcohol but I imagine the concept is similar to any other foods/drinks we love and leave behind... Here's two suggestions. 

I recommend really thinking about the reasons you're doing this and reminding yourself of those when you have doubts or when you're craving something. 

I also recommend coming up with some strategies for dealing with your cravings, especially if you have specific times or rituals when you drink alcohol. You know you'll crave it and maybe you can anticipate when you'll crave it, so have a plan in mind! Perhaps some form of substitute drink (like a La Croix) for traditional times when you sit down and have a drink of alcohol. Or you could aim for being super fabulous and plan a walk or something instead during those times. :-) 

Also, you're more than welcome to have your own thread but there are a bunch of other people starting on January 2 that have been posting here if you'd like a support group: https://forum.whole30.com/topic/51879-starting-january-2/?page=2&tab=comments#comment-476724. :-) 

Best of luck to you! I'll be starting my second Whole30 sometime here in the next week. 

Archived