2018 W30 - 4 days early

littleg

• Whole30 Certified Coach

So much for posting meals.  But in the spirit of things here is the last official meal of my W30:

Lemon basil stewed chicken, butternut squash, broccoli.  Had seconds of butternut squash and a little bit more chicken.  Because it was on a small plate.  Still haven't kicked that habit ;) 

26043827548_743ae79041.jpg

I'm not sure what to do about tomorrow.  I've gone without the biggies of nightshades this W30 (tomatoes, peppers, white potatoes) to see if it helped with my knuckle pain (it hasn't) so I will probably add those in first.  Despite having done lots of W30s I've never done a proper reintroduction (it has always been all.the.food) so I'm going to actually do it this time for dairy.  I rarely eat gluten, beans and other non-gluten grains so I'm not sure what to do about them.  If I do eat them it is in a poor food choice way (like binge eating Oreos) not in a I'm-going-to-sit-and-savor-this-handmade-tortilla sort of way so I don't know that it is worth it to add them back in a systematic way.  My husband also has 5 days left so I'll skip all but the nightshade reintros until he is done anyway.  But tomorrow I may have some peppers :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Whole30 Certified Coach

Alrighty... so finished up 35 days.  Did a dairy reintro and did ok with moderate dairy 2 days in a row but overdid the cheese munching at a Super Bowl party and ended up with a throated coat and stuffy nose.  Hubs wants to do another 30 days (and possibly keto) so I'll do another 30 days with him (but not keto).  

Overall, I have made liver a part of my life and I'm happy about that.  Hydration is still not ideal and I'm still working on that.  But we moved to a rural house and I'm definitely outside more (walking, cutting firewood, shoveling) so that is a plus.  

These next 30 days I'm going to continue to work on hydrating better and hoping to add in some exercise since some of my pain issues seem to be improving a bit.  

Archived