Can I have the Silk coconut milk or almond and coconut milk blend

Zperry

My husband and I are first time Whole30-ers starting tomorrow. My question is whether we can have the silk brand coconut milk in our coffee? I am not sure what is the difference between the canned coconut milk and the refrigerated coconut milk? Looking at the label the Silk brand almond and coconut milk blend would be Whole30 compliment. Is that correct?

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, Zperry said:

My husband and I are first time Whole30-ers starting tomorrow. My question is whether we can have the silk brand coconut milk in our coffee? I am not sure what is the difference between the canned coconut milk and the refrigerated coconut milk? Looking at the label the Silk brand almond and coconut milk blend would be Whole30 compliment. Is that correct?

If the ingredients are compliant on what you want to eat, then the product is compliant.  The difference between canned coconut milk and the ones in cartons is usually the excessive amount of additives they use to keep you from needing to shake the carton as well as the canned ones usually have a higher fat content.

If you would like us to review the ingredients of the item you're wanting to use, list them or take a photo as it is not possible for us to say across the board that these commercially available type things are compliant since they change their formulations across different regions - for instance, it might be compliant where I am in Canada and that doesn't do you a hill of beans if you're in Georgia for instance.

Archived