Cold medicine

Greg Czar

I have been battling a bugger of a cold and taking liquid Theraflu leading up to my start date.  I got up today with all intentions of this being Day 1, though took a dose of Theraflu and as it went down thought "Oh no...sweet!"  I googled its ingredients and yep there's sugar in it.  I am not taking anymore but imagine I will have to restart tomorrow.  Any thoughts about sugar content in cold medicine being okay (like fruits??), or not, would be appreciated.

• Moderators
Just now, Greg Czar said:

I have been battling a bugger of a cold and taking liquid Theraflu leading up to my start date.  I got up today with all intentions of this being Day 1, though took a dose of Theraflu and as it went down thought "Oh no...sweet!"  I googled its ingredients and yep there's sugar in it.  I am not taking anymore but imagine I will have to restart tomorrow.  Any thoughts about sugar content in cold medicine being okay (like fruits??), or not, would be appreciated.

This is a tough one because no one takes cold medication to get a sugar hit but then the rules are the rules.... I would try googling 'whole30 cold remedies' and see what you can find that might work better than an over the counter item like theraflu and call tomorrow Day 2 anyway unless you think that giving yourself the pass is going to mean allowing many passes for many things over the 30 days... only you know that :)

Archived