Jager07

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yesterday (forgot to hit "submit"):

Day 22 is won and done.

A great day and we liked the chicken with creamy garlic and mushroom sauce from Day 1 so much, I made it again.  I made almost twice as much so I'd have leftovers for breakfast.

B:  jalapeno beef sausage, green beans, coffee with coconut oil.

L:  beef taco meat over spring mix with guac, a small fried red potato.

D:  chicken with creamy garlic and mushroom sauce over roasted Brussels sprouts and cauliflower.

Fiber:  22

Day 23 is won and done.

I'm really into having taco meat every day and today I made another batch.  It's just so good for breakfast (or any meal, really).  Today is the third day of taking collagen peptides and I seemed to have more energy this afternoon than any other day this round.  It will be interesting to see how they work.

Here's the day:

B:  jalapeno beef sausage, sauerkraut, coffee with coconut oil.

Snack: green beans.

L:  beef taco meat on spring mix with dump ranch.

D:  leftover chicken with cream sauce over roasted cauliflower.

Fiber:  23

Made a breakfast bake this morning: 

1. Olive oil then thinly sliced overlapping potatoes (I used a mandolin) topped with a bit more EVOO, garlic salt and Herbes de Provence. Bake for 15 minutes. 2. A layer of  prosciutto then 6 eggs with S&P whisked and poured on top, then spinach and sliced tomatoes and a sprinke of cilantro. Bake for 15 more minutes or until eggs are set. 

Screenshot_20180124-101443.jpg

1 hour ago, Jager07 said:

Made a breakfast bake this morning: 

1. Olive oil then thinly sliced overlapping potatoes (I used a mandolin) topped with a bit more EVOO, garlic salt and Herbes de Provence. Bake for 15 minutes. 2. A layer of  prosciutto then 6 eggs with S&P whisked and poured on top, then spinach and sliced tomatoes and a sprinke of cilantro. Bake for 15 more minutes or until eggs are set. 

Screenshot_20180124-101443.jpg

Wow. That looks amazing.

Day 24 is won and done.

I was determined to hit 25g of fiber today....and finally did.  I didn't realize how much I loved jicama tortillas until we were out of them for a few days.  Lettuce for taco meat is good, but the jicama is even better.  Tried making tostones with regular bananas because that's what we had in the house.  They ended up as kind of mushy, but scrumptious bananas.  :P

Here's the day:

B:  breakfast bake (from pic above), coffee with coconut oil.

L:  taco meat on jicama tortillas with ranch, green beans.

Snack:  celery

D:  leftover chicken with cream sauce over roasted cauliflower, 1/2 half of a sauteed banana.

Fiber:  26

Day 25 is won and done.

A great day on the road working with Stephen.  Packing my lunch for the days with him has become so much easier.  The key for me has been Keeping it simple.  While figuring out my fiber today, I was pleasantly surprised to find out how many grams of fiber are in almonds.  Thought they'd just be a healthy fat every once in a while, but bonus on the fiber!

B:  chicken with cream sauce over roasted cauliflower, coffee with coconut oil.

L;  jalapeno beef sausage, celery, green beans, almonds.

D;  beef taco meat on jicama tortillas with ranch.

Fiber:  26

Day 26 is won and done.

I spent the afternoon with friends helping make chocolate dipped pretzels and peanut clusters for a baby shower.  Wasn't tempted at all by the chocolate and just a little by the peanuts.  My friends know I'm doing W30 and are very supportive...some have gluten issues and others have dairy intolerance so understanding each other's food choices is pretty easy.  I'm very grateful for that.

Here's the rest of the day:

B:  beef taco meat on jicama tortillas, red bell peppers, coffee with coconut oil.

L:  jalapeno beef sausage with sauerkraut, black olives.

D:  chicken with cream sauce over sauteed Brussels sprouts.

Fiber:  19

Day 27 is won and done.

I went to a baby shower this afternoon and it was great...not tempted by coffee, mini quiches, or cake.  Thankfully I ate about 30 minutes before going and then had a few grape tomatoes, cucumber slices and blueberries while there. 

A few days ago a friend told me she's starting W30 soon and that she's going to eat as much as possible before then and asked if I did that before January 1st.  The answer was no, I didn't "eat all the things" - that there were very specific things I wanted and hadn't eaten for quite a while - a bagel with lox and cream cheese, a few potato chips, a Jimmy John's sub and a pour of Scotch - all of which I had over the course of about 2 weeks and felt like crap.  Having the flu probably contributed to how awful I felt in December, but those foods didn't control me and I realized life would be more than okay if I didn't have them.  It feels like I might finally be on the road to understanding Food Freedom.  

I've decided to make this a W60.  I tossed the idea around before starting this one, thinking maybe a 2 day reprieve before the next round was something I'd want.  I don't.  I feel so good - clear headed and refreshed, am sleeping so well and just more in tune with my body that another month sounds great.  So here's to Whole60. :D

Here's the day:

B:  chicken and spinach sausage with sauerkraut, coffee with coconut oil.

L:  beef taco meat on jicama tortillas with ranch.

Snack: grape tomatoes, blueberries, cucumber slices.

D:  chicken with cream sauce over roasted Brussels sprouts.

Fiber:  23

Day 28 is won and done.

These last 4 weeks have flown by.  Trying new recipes, getting more insight from others and staying connected here have all been key to me having fun while staying focused.  Thank you!

Here's the day:

B:  a hamburger, green beans, coffee with coconut milk.

L:  chicken and spinach sausage with sauerkraut, celery, black olives.

D:  sauteed cod with lemon cream sauce over roasted Brussels sprouts, a side of roasted pineapple.

Fiber:  20

Day 29 is won and done.

A great day and tried a new recipe that everyone's been raving about - egg roll in a bowl.  It was scrumptious.

I've been taking collagen peptides for 9 days now and it could be coincidence, but I'm sleeping incredibly well.  Haven't really gotten awesome sleep since my first round so I'm loving this  - waking up refreshed and without the alarm.  

Here's the day:

B:  chicken and spinach sausage with sauerkraut, coffee with coconut milk.

L:  taco meat on jicama tortillas with ranch, celery.

D;  egg roll in a bowl, almonds.

Fiber:  27

Archived