Jager07

Day 30 is won and done.

Wow, this feels great!  This round has certainly been eye opening so far and I can't wait to see where the next 30 days take me (that sounds kind of Dr. Seussy. lol).

Here's the day:

B:  egg roll in a bowl, coffee with coconut milk.

L:  turkey/beef taco meat in jicama tortillas with ranch.

D:  beef sausage, roasted Brussels sprouts with ranch.

Fiber:  21

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 31 is won and done.

I feel lighter, happier and ready to do this Whole60.  I'm truly enjoying this renewed enthusiasm and energy.

New and fun patterns are emerging...besides eating taco meat almost every day, I'm now into roasting all sorts of things.  Why haven't I been doing this my whole life instead of eating veggies raw?  And roasted bananas?  Totally scrumptious.  I've never really had a sweet tooth (pickles over chocolate every time), but those bananas taste like a tropical vacation. 

Here's the day as the next 30 begin:

B:  egg roll in a bowl, coffee with coconut milk.

L:  turkey/beef taco meat on jicama tortillas with ranch.

D:  sauteed chicken with artichoke and kalamata cream sauce over roasted cauliflower, roasted Brussels sprouts, 1/2 sliced and roasted banana.

Fiber:  22

Day 32 is won and done.

Super tired in a good way, so I'm keeping this one short.

B:  beef sausage with roasted Brussels sprouts and cauliflower, coffee with coconut oil.

L:  egg roll in a bowl, almond milk with chia seeds.

D:  baked pork, mixed greens with ranch.

Fiber:  19

From last night:

Day 33 is won and done.

Aussie the dog woke us up early this morning and I've been dragging all day.  Ran errands this afternoon and picked up a salad at a buffet.  How glorious that all the veggies were chopped up and ready to go.  I didn't know it was going to be such a relief to get a salad and not cook tonight.

Here's the day:

B:  beef sausage, green beans, coffee with coconut oil.

L:  salad buffet takeout: cantaloupe, spring mix, eggs, mushrooms, radishes, green peppers, jicama sticks, tomatoes, carrots and ranch.

D:  the rest of lunch.

Day 34 is won and done.

Kind of a chilly day and perfect for a nap, which I took.  It was also a two meal Saturday.

B:  beef sausage, roasted Brussels with a few apple slices mixed in, coffee with coconut milk.

L/D:  grilled sirloin, a baked potato, green beans with ranch.

Snack:  celery, roasted cauliflower.

Day 35 is won and done.

Hope everyone had a safe and enjoyable time watching the Super Bowl.   

I woke up with a massive headache and an unhappy stomach.  I ate smaller portions of each meal and sipped Ozarka sparkling water most of the day.  Feeling better tonight, but not 100%.

Here's the day:

B:  chicken sausage, celery, coffee with coconut milk.

L:  turkey taco meat on jicama tortillas with guacamole.

D:  chicken with artichoke cream sauce over roasted veggies.

Day 36 is won and done.

Most Mondays I make dinner for the in-laws and take it over to them.  If they "cook" at all during the week, my FIL does it - $1.00 pot pies, Costco frozen dinners, frozen pizza and that kind of thing.  They think Whole30 is extreme, but enjoy the compliant things I make for them.  Tonight it was egg roll in a bowl.  Totally compliant and makes me happy to provide a healthy dinner for them.  That feels like a small victory.  

Here's the rest of the day:

B;  jalapeno beef sausage with sauerkraut, coffee with coconut oil.

L:  chicken sausage and roasted vegetables topped with dump ranch.

D:  turkey and beef taco meat in jicama tortillas with guacamole.

Fiber:  20

Day 37 is won and done.

So many of our friends are sick with colds and the flu.  I've been tired lately, but not sick.  Whole30 keeps me much more in tune with what my mind and body need, like more water/herbal tea during the day and going to bed earlier.  Starting the day with a gratitude list also puts me in a positive mental space and makes the day better.

After a bunch of research, today I started taking a probiotic for women by Garden of Life.  Not sure how much impact it will have on my digestion and immune system, but giving it a whirl.

Here's the food part of today:

B:  sauteed chicken over roasted vegetables, blueberries, coffee with coconut oil.

L:  turkey/beef taco meat on jicama tortillas with guac.

D:  jalapeno beef sausage, baked red potato with dump ranch.

Day 38 is won and done.

It felt like today was all about roasted veggies - had them for 2 meals and made more tonight for the next few days.  I've been doing mostly Brussels sprouts, cauliflower and broccoli. 

B:  jalapeno beef sausage, roasted veggies with ranch.

L:  chicken sausage, green beans, black olives.

D;  turkey/beef taco meat with ranch, roasted veggies.

Fiber:  22

Day 39 is won and done.

Great day on the road with Stephen, kept lunch simple and was thoroughly satisfied.  This round, I'm really working on taking at least 20 minutes to eat each meal.  I never knew how quickly we ate until concentrating on enjoying each bite slowly.  One more NSV along the way.

Here's the day:

B:  jalapeno beef sausage, sauerkraut, coffee with coconut oil.

L:  2 turkey hot dogs, roasted veggies with ranch.

D:  baked chicken, spring mix with balsamic/EVOO.

Day 40 is won and done.

Time is flying by and I love how I feel.  Sleeping incredibly well last night was fabulous.  Simple food and leftovers today.

Here's the day:

B:  beef taco meat in jicama tortillas with guacamole.

L:  baked chicken with roasted veggies and ranch.

D:  grilled steak with mashed potatoes, broccoli with lemon/EVOO dressing.

Fiber:  17

Day 41 is won and done.

Tonight I went to a friend's house for a ladies evening -  Classy and Casserole party.  Most of my friends are doing Keto and one of them made a meat based veggie casserole, leaving mozzarella off a corner piece just for me.  It was a fabulous evening of laughter, good company and lovely food.  No one had to explain why they could or couldn't eat something and we all had respect for the others' choices.  Oh, and the Buffalo Chicken Casserole completely lives up to the hype.

Here's how the day went down:

B:  beef taco meat on jicama tortillas, coffee with coconut milk.

L:  left over sirloin over roasted veggies and topped with ranch.

D:  buffalo chicken casserole with ranch:  https://www.jaysbakingmecrazy.com/2016/01/27/paleo-buffalo-chicken-casserole/, beef and veggie casserole.

Day 42 is won and done.

It's been a longish day with a sick hubby and dreary, rainy, chilly weather.  Thankfully we've got plenty of leftovers because I wasn't super psyched about cooking today.

Here's how it went;

B:  buffalo chicken casserole (aka "a big bowl of veggies with some chicken" according to Stephen), coffee with coconut oil.

L:  beef taco meat on jicama tortillas with guac.

D:  sauteed chicken, artichoke, olive, and cauliflower with a lemon coconut cream sauce.

Day 43 is won and done.

Busy day cleaning carpets and organizing/throwing stuff into bags for Goodwill.  Feels good to simplify in other areas of life, too.

Here's the day:

B;; buffalo chicken casserole, coffee with coconut oil.

L:  beef taco meat on jicama tortillas with guac.

Snack:  celery (to add fiber to the day)

D:  swai fried in olive oil with lemon pepper seasoning, roasted Brussels and broccoli topped with ranch.

Fiber: 25

Day 44 is won and done.

Found a terrific W30 beef jerky recipe that I'm anxious to try in my smoker this weekend.  I've never made jerky and hope it turns out well.

Here's the day:

B:  fried swai in jicama tortillas, coffee with coconut milk, pie spice and cacao powder.

L:  turkey hot dogs, celery, red potato with ghee.

D:  a hamburger with ranch, green beans.

Fiber:  24

Day 45 is won and done.

I was tired today and just couldn't muster up energy.  Slept well last night, but still ended up taking a nap this afternoon.  Hoping tomorrow is a bouncier day.

Here's how the rest of the day went:

B:  hamburger with cajun mustard, green beans, coffee with coconut oil.

L:  buffalo chicken casserole with ranch.

Snack:  celery.

D:  potatoes with claims, mxed greens with ranch.

Fiber:  23

Archived