Jager07

On 1/4/2018 at 10:26 PM, Jager07 said:

Day 4 is won and done.

It just feels so good to be back on Whole30 and on this forum.  People are awesome.

Last year for our anniversary, my husband gave me an electric smoker (which I reeeeeally wanted).  It has become my hobby and such a fun way to cook.  It's pretty easy to make W30 compliant food in it. 

In addition to tracking food and water for the day, I'm also tracking fiber since that can help steer me out of the pre-diabetes range.  Aiming for 21-25 grams per day.  

Here's how today went down:

B:  beef taco lettuce boats with Frank's, coffee with COil.

L:  fajita chicken, mixed greens with tomatoes, red peppers and ranch.

D: smoked beef ribs, baked potato rounds tossed with Italian seasoning and olive oil, spring mix with ranch.

Hi,  I just finished my first Whole 30 and am going for the 2nd round.  My cholesterol is high, so I need to keep working on it.  I was wondering about the ranch dressing.  Do you have a recipe for a homemade ranch?  I found Tessemae's Organic Ranch dressing at Whole Foods, and it is amazing!  However, it is expensive and high in calories.  The flavor is wonderful though and I am very sparing with it.  Thanks.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 46 is won and done.

Stephen arranged for us to have massages at the W in downtown Austin this morning.  It was absolutely wonderful.  We had to leave the house sooner than I expected and I didn't have any quick leftovers.  This is the first time I ate an emergency Larabar.  It was good and it got me through until lunch, but it's not anything I'll ever just crave. 

Here's the day:

B:  coconut Larabar, coffee.

L:  Cobb salad with my own ranch (LOVE having those mini Kraken rum bottles to carry it in).  When I told the waitress what to take off the salad due to W30, she understood because she's done several rounds.  She tasted and asked for the dump ranch recipe.

D:  baked chicken, green beans, olives.

Fiber:  17

Day 47 is won and done.

Spent the day cleaning and smoking meat.  I did 4 chickens and 5lbs of wings.  Three of the chickens and half the wings went to friends.  Stephen loves wings and thought these were fabulous.  Pretty nice compliment considering this was the first time smoking them. 

Here's the rest of the day:

B:  turkey hot dogs, sauerkraut, coffee with hazelnut nut pods.

L:  beef taco meat on jicama tortillas with guac, green beans.

D;  smoked chicken, with celery, carrots and ranch.

Fiber:  24

Day 48 is won and done.

I went to a baby shower this afternoon and found out one of my friends and her husband are doing W30 for the first time.  She was grateful someone else wasn't giving in to the sweets and non-compliant food (which was everything except for a fruit and veggie tray).  Our entire table of 6 has done W30 at some point and we had a positive conversation about how much better we feel when eating this way.  It made a terrific afternoon even better.

Here's the day:

B:  chicken and spinach sausage, green beans, coffee with nut pods.

Pre-party:  a small piece of chicken, celery with ranch.

Dinner:  grilled sirloin, baked potato with ranch, roasted veggies.

Fiber:  15

Day 49 is won and done.

Another great day of Wholexx and loving how I feel.  I felt like having lots of veggies so we went to a salad bar for lunch and I got one to go, too.  Threw some of our sauteed chicken top for dinner and it will also be one of my meals tomorrow.

Here's the day:

B:  chicken, celery, coffee with nut pods.

L:  buffet salad: spring mix, mushrooms, eggs, radishes, green peppers, jicama sticks, broccoli, cauliflower, balsamic/OO.

D:  same as lunch with chicken instead of eggs and ranch instead of B/OO.

Fiber:  19

Day 50 is won and done. 

Woooohoooo!  A day ending in "0" is always a great thing, according to a friend from my first round.  It was a chicken-filled day and delicious.

Here it is:

B:  buffalo chicken casserole, coffee with nut pods.

L:  salad with lots of veggies, chicken and ranch.

D:  same as lunch, finishing up the salad.

Day 51 is won and done.

Had a super fun day shopping with a friend and her cousin visiting from Florida.  Of course the visitor wanted Texas food in all it's glory and we ate lunch at a locally sourced/organic little place.  Thankfully they had a delightful Cobb salad and made it with baked turkey instead of ham (and I had my ranch with me).  My friend's french fries looked and smelled good, but not good enough to compromise my commitment to myself.  That was the second NSV of the day.  The first was that my boots zipped easily when I put them on to leave this morning - no stretching, squeezing, or the other tricks we use to get into clothes or shoes.  They just zipped up. Yay!

Here's the day:

B:  chicken and spinach sausage, celery, coffee with nut pods.

L:  cobb salad with turkey and ranch.

D:  beef taco meat on jicama tortillas with guac.

Fiber:  21

Day 52 is won and done.

It's hard to believe 60 days of Whole30 is just a little over a week away.  This round has helped me in so many ways and I'm grateful for all of the lessons learned.  It reminds me  to keep looking for opportunities to improve.

Here's how the day went down:

B:  buffalo chicken casserole (when I made this Monday, I baked some of it in silicone muffin cups - a great thing to grab and go....and they're good even without reheating), coffee with almond milk.

L:  a hamburger with bbq sauce (the one that doesn't include dates because I don't like it sweet), green beans, olives.

D:  ahi tuna seared in coconut oil with a sesame oil/ginger/coconut aminos dipping sauce, sauteed portabella mushrooms.

Day 53 is won and done.

Another great day on the road, packing my lunch and enjoying how I feel.

Here's the day:

B:  a hamburger with bbq sauce, roasted Brussels and broccoli, coffee with almond milk.

L:  chicken, green beans, olives.

D;  beef taco meat in jicama tortillas with guac.

Fiber:  24

Day 54 is won and done.

Cold and rain today made me feel like potatoes tonight.  Actually I felt like having soup, but wasn't feeling ambitious enough to look up a recipe and make it....so potatoes!  :P

Here's the day:

B:  a hamburger with bbq sauce, roasted Brussels and broccoli, coffee with almond milk.

L:  chicken, green beans, olives.

D:  swai, potatoes with clams and lemon/EVOO vinaigrette. 

Fiber:  17

Day 55 is won and done.

Feeling light and happy and so glad to be close to achieving one of my first goals of the year.  More great things in store!

Here's how the day went down:

B:  turkey hot dogs, celery, coffee with almond milk.

L:  chicken fajita meat on jicama tortillas with guac.

D:  baked potato with pulled pork, salad with ranch.

Fiber:  16

Day 56 is won and done.

B:  Larabar eaten mid-morning because my stomach wasn't feel so great when I woke up.

L:  a hamburger with bbq sauce, green beans, black olives.

D:  fajita chicken meat in jicama tortillas with shredded cabbage and guac.

Fiber:  22

Day 57 is won and done.

It's hard to believe this W60 is almost complete.  So excited and looking forward to a better reintro than I've done in the past.

Here's the day:

B:  fajita chicken in jicama tortillas with guac.

L:  a hamburger, green beans, black olives.

D:  sauteed shrimp and veggies with a dipping sauce.

Fiber:  18

Day 58 is won and done.

I'm now in a hamburger phase with bbq sauce  (as seen by having one for breakfast and dinner).  Not sure if it's the burger or the sauce or the Jack Daniel's steak seasoning, but they're scrumptious!

Here's the day:

B:  a hamburger with bbq sauce, celery, coffee with almond milk.

L:  fajita chicken on jicama tortillas with guac.

D:  a hamburger with bbq sauce, half of a baked potato with lemon/EVOO vinaigrette, green beans.

Day 59 is won and done.

Almost.  There.  !!!

L:  chicken, green beans, black olives.

D:  Cobb salad with B/EVOO.

Fiber:  21

Thank you @Amy Rose!

This round has been more enlightening than I ever imagined.  So many new things learned and so many blocks built on top of the things I've learned since my first round in May 2016.  

You can totally do this and the forum is such an anchor - it makes the tough days better and the great days even greater. :)

JAGER07!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you kidding me???? 60 days??? Whaattttt the heck??????? Boy, do we have some catching up to do!! Clearly, you are every bit the ROCKING IT 2018 star I thought you were.

I need to go back and read all your daily inspirational quotes to get me revved up and ready to start again, SIBO style. I can't believe you've been doing this for 60 days.

Wow. So so awesome.:):)

Day 60 is won and done!

This round was fabulous.  Here are some of my NSVs:

• I took time to savor food, spending at least 20 minutes eating each meal.  Not rushing was good mentally, emotionally and physically.  It made me plan more, Stephen and talked even more and I truly enjoyed what I was eating.
  • I tried a bunch of new recipes and loved everything I made (dump ranch, sheet pan dinners, amazing sauces).  
  • I discovered the joy of roasted vegetables.  
  • I feel so much clearer headed.
  • I wake up happier and feel less distracted. 
  • I can easily and succinctly explain why Whole30 (without being weird).
  • I am more ambitious and am working to simplify my life (closets, schedule, life).
  • Clothes fit better.
  • My eyes are brighter and my face looks thinner.
  • I have more confidence.
  • I'm mindful of fiber and water intake.
  • Stephen has adjusted his eating and drinking habits - he's not Whole30, but is making better choices how, when and what he eats and drinks.

There are more, but that's a pretty good start with the major ones. 

I'm going to do a reintroduction of sorts - NO eating all things like I've done within weeks or months of finishing every other W30. This will be introducing wine for 1 day, grains for 2 days and dairy for 2 days.  Our 25th wedding anniversary is March 7th and Stephen's made dinner reservations at our favorite restaurant.  It will be an elegant meal and I'd like to prepare my mind and body for a celebration that is wonderful - without going completely off the rails and ending up feeling terrible. 

All of that being said, here's how today went down:

L:  chicken, green beans with B/EVOO.

D:  https://laughingspatula.com/sheet-pan-chili-lime-shrimp-fajitas/ on jicama tortillas with guac.  

Fiber:  22

Archived