Terrified and procrastinating.

TeamMD

It’s time for change. My hubby and I constantly feel like crap, and our 7 month old baby girl will soon be running circles around us. I know we need this. I’m not scared about having to give up 90% of what we eat (yes, our diet is that bad!) but I’m frozen trying to meal plan. I cook maybe a handful of times each month bc I cannot meal plan when I’m not trying to be healthy! So I’m terrified. I’m so afraid to tell anyone we’re doing this because failing is my norm. But we need this. Failure is not an option. Quitting is not an option. But if anyone in the welcome wagon has tips for meal planning, I’m all ears (I’m not creative in the kitchen: I follow recipes. If I don’t have a concrete plan, everything will be steamed and bland. I know there’s a better way!)

Get a copy of Melissa Joulwan's Well Fed Weeknights.  This book will help you get a ton of prep work done quickly. I use the mayo recipe from that book. Three minutes! Download the Nom Nom Paleo  app. There's a thirty day menu on there plus great recipes. I just made her Asian Meatballs.

• Moderators

You can find a lot of Mel Joulwan's tips and recipes on her site, if you want to preview her style before you buy her cookbooks. On this page, scroll down and read The Method Behind My Madness, the four weeks of meal plans, and Great Ingredients, No Recipe Required:  https://meljoulwan.com/paleo-101/   Her method of meal planning just makes sense to me, it's not planning exactly what you'll have for every meal a week in advance, it's more a way to make sure there's always food available that can be easily thrown together into a variety of meals.

Archived