Luncheon meat

Gski healthy

• Moderators
57 minutes ago, Gski healthy said:

Your book says deli meat is a good grab & go snack. I can't find any that is not processed with sugar. ???

Ya, it can be problematic in some parts of the country to find compliant processed foods... you can make your own substitute by roasting chicken or a roast beef and then slicing thin... 

The only compliant deli meat that I can regularly find is prosciutto. Good prosciutto is nothing but pork and salt. Occasionally I find an Applegate Farms product that is compliant, but typically that brand is expensive enough that I choose not to purchase it.

1 hour ago, kirbz said:

My local Costco has compliant deli turkey. The brand is True Story. In general, I was shocked at how many compliant items I found at Costco. Might be worth a try... 

Plainville Farms is another compliant deli turkey that I get at Costco - love Costco, tons of W30 finds!

• Moderators
53 minutes ago, MaggieElizabeth said:

Is Applegate compliant? It’s found at Natural Grocers and has 0g of sugar sugar, carrageenan (seaweed) in it. 

Some Applegate products are compliant, some are not. Read the actual ingredient list, not the numbers in the nutrition info. Carrageenan is not okay. Any sugar or sweetener listed in the ingredients, even if there are 0 grams of sugar in the nutrition info, would not be okay.

Idk if I’m quoting right, but I had a question about one of the recipes that called for clarifying butter. I didn’t have a cheesecloth and did my best to remove the white dairy part of the butter with a spoon. Does this warrant starting over? I’m on day 3 and have the worst headache. It was only 4 tablespoons and I had to put it in the over for 50 minutes. 

Archived