A Breastfeeding Mama’s January Whole30

bcaadd

Day 1 Meals

B: Bell pepper and red onion quiche topped with 1/4 an avocado, very large handful of roasted sweet potato fries, handful of olives and small handful of blueberries 

S: RX Bar 

L: 2 large pieces of lettuce filled with guacamole and turkey deli meat, raw baby carrots with homemade ranch, and handful of olives 

D: Thai Chicken and Brussel Sprout Skillet (pg 50 in Whole30 Fast and Easy CB) topped with 1/4 avocado, handful of olives 

S: Mothers Milk Tea

We had dinner about an hour ago and I am feeling hungry again… I read on here that nursing moms should be having a full fourth meal, so I will work on that tomorrow 

Hi, I’m Arielle. I have a 2 year old daughter, am nursing my 5-month-old son, and I also have 3 stepdaughters that we have 50% of the time. I have no hobbies and really need to do something for ME. This will be my first Whole30. I “tried” back in 2015 but was pregnant shortly after starting and about halfway through the program the nausea / vomiting was too much and I gave to crackers and pretzels and the occasional burrito ;) Now 2 kids later, I’m ready for this change. I’m hoping to help improve my mood, patience, and energy levels as well as get rid of the nausea that has stuck around postpartum. I’d also really like to lose weight, but honestly I’m more concerned about the mental aspect right now. I’d also really like to change my toddler’s diet to a healthier one, and set her up for a better relationship with food. So anywho, that’s me and my why, here today.

Day 1 won’t let me edit so I’ll add here...

I was still hungry after my tea so I ate a medium-sized salmon cake and a few olives. I’m already day(night?)dreaming of breakfast and will definitely eat more tomorrow. 

What I learned today: Breastfeeding mamas should be eating a full fourth meal...no wonder I’m so hungry! 

Day 2 - January 2nd 2018

Coffee with French Vanilla Nutpod creamer

Breakfast: Roasted Potato and Kale Hash with Eggs (pg 121 Fast and Easy CB), 1/2 an avocado, handful of olives, small handful of strawberries 

Lunch:

Dinner:

Reflections:

What I learned today:

12:45 pm I’m hungry. Breakfast was around 11 am and I definitely want to shoot for earlier, but I felt FULL after eating. Thinking I need take the advice I got and sip on coconut milk throughout the day. Too bad I don’t like it.

PWO: 1:40 pm Mothers Milk tea, hard boiled egg, big handful of olives, 1/2 cup of black coffee 

Short walk while babywearing 15ish lb 5 month old 

3:20 pm very shaky and almost nauseas. Should’ve eaten lunch sooner, also think i should’ve skipped the coffee

Lunch:  3:30 pm. 1large and 1 medium salmon cake (no fuss salmon cakes recipe), handful of herbed sweet potato fries, handful of asparagus, handful of olives, and some homemade ranch 

9B9766CE-809B-402C-B911-FD59BF1F52AB.jpeg

• Whole30 Certified Coach

Hi!  I'm BF a 12 month old and am on day 5 of my 4th W30.  My supply and appetite have finally regulated so I might not need quite as much "extra" as you but if you want to get an idea of how much (more :) ) I'm eating you can check out my log on here.  Your meals look great so far!  Eventually you'll figure out what you need to feel best - more fat, more carbs, more water... but stick with it!  Also, there are lots of posts in the BF subforum about supply drops that often seem to pick back up with more starchy foods - if you find yourself in that situation.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, bcaadd said:

12:45 pm I’m hungry. Breakfast was around 11 am and I definitely want to shoot for earlier, but I felt FULL after eating. Thinking I need take the advice I got and sip on coconut milk throughout the day. Too bad I don’t like it.

PWO: 1:40 pm Mothers Milk tea, hard boiled egg, big handful of olives, 1/2 cup of black coffee 

Short walk while babywearing 15ish lb 5 month old 

3:20 pm very shaky and almost nauseas. Should’ve eaten lunch sooner, also think i should’ve skipped the coffee

Lunch:  3:30 pm. 1large and 1 medium salmon cake (no fuss salmon cakes recipe), handful of herbed sweet potato fries, handful of asparagus, handful of olives, and some homemade ranch 

9B9766CE-809B-402C-B911-FD59BF1F52AB.jpeg

Okay, first, this plate looks great.  Second, if you were hungry at 1245 you should have eaten at 1245... especially as you are keeping another human alive with your own body, it's not really something to play around with.  Your first meal should be eaten within an hour of waking and then every 4-5 hours after that with either another meal thrown in (so make it 3-4 hours) or mini meal in between.  You don't HAVE to have coconut milk, that's just the easiest... avocado with salt and lime juice is amazing, olives, coconut flakes, veggies dipped in a good blob of mayo... fat is what keeps you full and its also what helps make breastmilk so definitely keep it up!

7 pm - 1/2 of a GTs Mystic Mango Kombucha 

Dinner: 7:15 pm. Chocolate Chili (Well Fed) with added small roasted yellow potatoes and spinach, over cauliflower rice and topped with avocado, and a handful of olives 

Day 3 - January 3rd, 2018

8 am - 1/2 cup coffee with French Vanilla Nutpod creamer 

Breakfast: 1020 am. Salmon Cake Scramble (2 eggs, splash of almond milk, BIG handful of spinach, and a large salmon cake) topped with half of an avocado, with handful of sweet potato fries and some homemade ranch. And 1/2 of a GTs Gingerberry Kombucha

(the bowl is DEEP and it was a LOT of food)

A3AC4DCA-A414-4EDC-AAEA-DC0B3A05D6D9.jpeg

1230 pm - 1/2 cup coffee with creamer 

Lunch: 150 pm. Leftover Thai Chicken and Brussel Sprout Skillet topped with 1/2 an avo, a hard boiled egg, a few big cucumber spears, and some grape tomatoes. I wasnt feeling full after eating so I ate another hard boiled egg 

F0CBFA9D-8555-44A6-BCEE-D9DFFE6D760D.jpeg

3:43 pm I was hungry but didn’t have time to make my 4th meal so I had an RX Bar :/

My olives made a mess :huh:

Dinner: 730 pm. Cauliflower Cashew Alfredo (pg 276 in Fast and Easy) over 6 jumbo shrimp, a big handful of brocolli, a few cauliflower florets, and zoodles. THIS WAS SO GOOD!!!! Oh and some olives 

I felt good today. I definitely had (a lot) more energy than normal, was in a decent mood all day, and I wasn’t completely dreading making dinner like I usually am. I’m mentally preparing myself for the harder crappy days, but also secretly hoping it keeps going like this. 

4CFDE45F-8100-43B7-AAF6-5023A2FCFDD1.jpeg

Day 4 - January 4th, 2018

745 am 1 cup of coffee with creamer 

Breakfast: Green Veggie Scramble (3ish eggs and almond milk scrambled with spinach and leftover roasted zucchini, broccoli, asparagus, and a few yellow potatoes) topped with 1/2 an avo, a huge handful of olives, and GTs Trilogy Kombucha

E94DF01F-9B8A-4BF1-8048-BB0C30ACF4FB.jpeg

1215 pm - Dirty Chai (Chai tea, a shot of espresso, and some Nutpod creamer)

Lunch: 1 large and 1 small-medium salmon cake topped with 1/2 an avo, some roasted sweet potato fries, roasted broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots, handful of olives (ate several before photo), some homemade ranch, and a small handful of raspberries 

FFE2E4C3-3997-457C-92C8-924DED7AD4BC.jpeg

7 pm - The shot of espresso I had made earlier 

Dinner: 735 pm. 3 very large turkey meatballs over LOTS of spaghetti squash and topped with jarred (compliant, obviously, but I should’ve made my own) tomato basil sauce and nutritional yeast. Also had 1/2 an avocado, several spears of asparagus, and a handful of olives 

Why wont it let me upload a photo? It’s saying it’s too large...it’s the same size as all my other photos?

10 pm - 1/2 cup Throat Coat tea 

Day 5 - January 5th, 2018

730 am - 1 cup coffee w/ creamer 

11 am - 1/4 c black coffee 

Breakfast: 1135 am. 2 pieces of bell pepper and onion quiche topped with 1/2 an avo, lots of asparagus, and big handful of olives 

115 pm - 1/4 c black coffee 

130 pm - 1 cup almond milk with 5 grams Cacao 

https://www.flickr.com/gp/161960609@N03/8A6ZsB

3 pm - 1/2 GT’s Trilogy Kombucha 

350 pm - RX Bar ( would really like to replace this with something else, with a toddler, and nursing five-month-old, and three kids home for “Christmas break“ it’s not been particularly feasible ) 

730 pm - Mothers Milk tea

Dinner: 830 pm. 4 chicken tenders (in almond flour/spice blend),  roasted yellow potato wedges, roasted broccoli and cauliflower, a big handful of olives, and some homemade ranch 

Day 6 - January 6th, 2018

8 am - 1 cup coffee with creamer 

Breakfast: 1040 am. 3 eggs scrambled with a big splash of almond milk and lots of spinach,  1 small-med salmon cake, 1/4 an avo, leftover roasted potato wedges, small handful of olives, small handful of strawberries 

B406822_F_D51_C_4_D11_8_F64_2301_C0_CC40

Lunch: 2 pm. Leftover Chocolate Chili and cauliflower rice topped with half of an avocado, raw baby carrots, some olives, and a large cutie 

230 pm - Passionflower and Elderberry tinctures (both alcohol-free) 

315 pm - Cup of Masala Chai tea 

A267_B9_F9_2_CCD_4_E60_B1_C4_EC75_E667_F

4 pm - 1/2 cup black coffee

730 pm - 1/2 cup black coffee 

Dinner: 750 pm. Spanish Chicken Skillet from Fast & Easy over cauliflower rice, roasted brussel sprouts, and a handful of olives 

06399_ED4_685_B_4356_A518_3_A243_C9_D203

1010 pm - 1/2 GTs Guava Kombucha 

815 am - 1.25 cup black coffee with creamer 

1050 am - RX Bar :( 

Breakfast: 1135 am. Roasted Kale and Potato Hash with Eggs, 1/2 an avo, and a handful of olives. THIS BREAKFAST IS SOOOOO GOOD

C50_C5_F88_E263_4_F34_8_E3_C_EB107975683

Archived