Whole 30 First Timer- January 5 Start Date

Annakathryn215

@Sarah_MT Congrats on making it this far, and for passing on those cookies!

I am on Day 13, particularly proud of myself at this moment, I have never followed a diet this closely for 13 days!  I am finding that I don't need that much food anymore to feel full.  I used to think that for lunch there was no way I could make it on some mixed greens, and grilled chicken, and not be starving before dinner time, but that is exactly what I am finding.  I am able to eat smaller meals and feel satisfied, last night I could't finish all of my beef root veggie stew! A first for me, after a long day.  I am also trying to keep it simple, I have found some recipes and meals I like and I am going to stick with them, until I get bored!! Hope everyone is doing well! 

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good to hear from you @Sarah_MT - I'm with you re: the cold, here in Scotland we are at minus 2!  So I'm doing pretty well, enjoying the food but worried I am eating far too much - I slightly envy your lack of appetite as I am constantly hungry.  Managing not to crave non-compliant food but eating three BIG meals a day. At least, I think they are big.  

Can I ask opinions about food quantity:  @Erinmhess @kirbz @Sjc123 @Linwe @Blackcreekrob @GayleG @Artistcam @Betina @Jane G @BeeSC @lilliegirl 

For example, this was my consumption today:

Breakfast:  two fried eggs, a couple tbs roasted butternut squash and some spinach

Snack: 6 brazil nuts and a tangerine

Lunch:  A big tuna salad (lettuce, cucumber, olives, tuna, egg, olive oil dressing)

Snack: Small handful macadamia nuts, stick of celery with tsp cashew butter 

Dinner: 3 big homemade salmon cakes (v good recipe in Whole30 book - this is apparently one portion but seemed huge); half a baked potato, half an avocado, spinach and carrots, followed by tiny bowl of blueberries, kiwi with a tbs almond butter.

I know we're not meant to snack but I just get too hungry otherwise. 

Can I get really honest opinions about whether this seems like a lot because I find the plate template thing hard to get my head around, and have no idea if this is way more than everyone else is eating??  I just about keep my hunger pangs at bay.  I guess I should point out I do walk the dog three times a day for about an 1.25 hours in total and I do CrossFit three times a week so am fairly active.

Would be really grateful for any feedback especially from any old timers and/or Whole30 experts!  Although I am not doing this for weight loss, a few pounds less would be very welcome and I think I'll be disappointed if I actually put weight on. 

And love to know how you guys are doing - we are pretty much half way there!

Thanks all and keep going!

6 hours ago, Sarah_MT said:

Sorry for the lack of Posts everyone, it's been a BUSY week...and COLD!  Dallas, TX isn't supposed to see temps in the teens!

How is everyone doing on their days 13/14?  For me I made it through the dangerous Days 10 & 11 but today I'm just not feeling hungry (also a stage I went through last time).  Not total food boredom because I'm eating new recipes today.  Just don't feel really hungry...for anything! (even the delicious looking mega cookies left over from a company lunch today...oatmeal raisin is typically my weakness!).

What is everyone else feeling?  @Abi Labrador, @Erinmhess, @kirbz, @Linwe, @Blackcreekrob, @GayleG, @Artistcam, @Betina, @Jane G, @BeeSC, @lilliegirl, @Sjc123...and anyone else following this thread...:D

Good job Sarah_mt on avoiding the cookies. I can empathize. Seems like everday there is some kind of sweet treat offered in my staffroom. I don't recall this much being there before starting this whole30, but also likely I am more aware.

I am loving that tomorrow we start week 3! Things are going well, although still struggling with hunger late afternoon and in the evening.  Does anyone have ideas for snacks.

Also would love some breakfast ideas,  eggs, eggs,eggs...This morning I had Tuna salad, and it was actually pretty good and kept me full til lunch.

My goal this week is to make the time to exercise more.

Does anyone else have a goal?

Happy Friday!

Rob

@Abi Labrador Here are my thoughts on your meals and how closely they follow the template. Full disclosure though, I stopped this round of Whole30 after 7 days (I completed a Whole43 late last year and have been following the forum for a couple of years). I have lots of excuses, some of them valid, but really, it just wasn't the right time. I feel somewhat embarrassed but acknowledge that this is a challenging path and I did not pick the right time. I plan to come back to Whole30 after a week long cruise in early February. I'd still love to help though if I can. 

Honestly, in general, I don't think you're eating enough food at all. Up your fats. Up your vegetables. And cut down on the nuts. Here's some specifics (all things I've read the moderators tell other people in other posts): 

Meal 1: When eggs are your breakfast, you should be eating however many you can hold in your hand, which is typically 3-4 for most women. You should try for more vegetables. When your vegetable is something like spinach, you should try to eat like a mixing bowl size amount of it. A few tablespoons of butternut squash probably wouldn't round out the vegetables enough. You're striving to fill up most of your plate with vegetables, so like 2 cups. Also, you don't have any fat. Cooking fat doesn't count. 

Snacks: The ideal recommendation for snacking is fat and protein. So, something similar to a pre-workout snack. Chicken and guacamole. Egg and mayo. Stuff like that. The recommendation for nuts is a closed fistful every couple of days, so if you're having nuts multiple times a day, you're definitely over that. Nuts can be difficult for people so something to think about. 

Meal 2: When salad is your meal, it should be like a mixing-bowl sized salad. Make sure to be generous with that dressing to get plenty of fat and consider adding some avocado or another fat. The recommendation is to used 1-2 different fats with each meal. And make sure the amount of tuna is equal to a full palm size or two (in length, width, size, etc.). 

Meal 3: That one looked pretty good! :-) You had a good amount of meat, good fat with the 1/2 avocado, though you could up that to a full avocado AND add some ghee to that baked potato and still be okay. And hopefully you had LOTS of carrots and spinach! I know it seems like a huge portion but that's how much you need to eat to feel satisfied for a full 4-5 hours between meals. That's ultimately your goal! 

Pre and Post-Workout Meal: When doing Crossfit, are you eating a pre-workout meal of fat and protein and a post-workout meal of protein and starchy vegetables? I wouldn't think you'd need it for walks but definitely for Crossfit. 

Take this for what's it's worth. This feedback is striving for getting as close to the meal template as possible, though strictly following the template isn't a rule, just a guideline. And these are all comments I've seen the moderators make to others so hopefully they're fully accurate! I hope it doesn't seem harsh and that you find it helpful! It's funny, I thought I was so closely following the template my first round, but I went back and read my log last week and I wasn't as much as I thought I was! 

Good luck to all of you!! 

@kirbz you are such a star, thank you very, very much for taking the time to analyse my intake.  So interesting that I am doing the opposite of what I thought (except for the nuts which I knew I was not only eating too many of, but also eating in the wrong way - ie as a bit of a comfort item!).  I shall up my fats and salad sizes and stop worrying about weight gain.

It was especially kind of you to help as you've called a halt to this cycle for yourself.  As a veteran of 43 days previously (respect) - I'm sure you can just think to yourself that you've completed a Whole7 and that is just fine this time.  Have a fantastic cruise, relax and enjoy some nice food along the way. 

Once again, a massive thank you, your support and insight is really appreciated, and I'm sure will be helpful to others in the group.

Best

A.

@Abi Labrador I'm glad that was helpful to you! I truly wish you the best and hope you get as much out of the program as I did!

At the end of the day, this is your own personal experiment to find what works for you. That's what I love so much about Whole30. It isn't trying to tell the world that one diet is ideal for everyone. It's set up to be your own experiment to find the ideal diet that works for you. 

So play around and experiment! :-) Hopefully this gave you some different things to try! 

Hi everyone! I hope you are all doing well.

I am still going Whole30 strong. Day 17!

NSV's: Sleeping better at night (no night sweats, fewer leg cramps and RLS symptoms). I don't feel sorry for myself when I turn non-compliant foods down, or see others eating what I choose not to. I went out to eat with a girlfriend, and wasn't afraid to ask questions to modify my meal to my needs. I think my jeans are fitting looser.

I am still waiting for the magic! I don't exactly wake up fired up and ready to go, I am really tired by 7-8 at night and for my skin to glow. Maybe I should let go of these (and other) expectations of the program!

I love the food that I am eating. What I miss the most is my morning oatmeal! I am definitely tired of eggs, veggies and avocado for breakfast. I try to switch it up, and often leftovers from dinner turn into breakfast. But still...

I read in The Whole30 book that supplements with off plan ingredients should be out for the Whole30. But, I didn't read this until day 15. I stopped taking the supplements (reluctantly), and may extend my program 15 days. I don't know how much difference it will make, or not, to stop taking the supplements, but I guess if I am eliminating all off-plan ingredients, I need to include the vitamins as well.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend! I am enjoying a day off, and the smell of beef roast in the crockpot!

I got sick last week--not stomach related, thankfully--and I was able to stay on plan only because I had some pre-made stuff in my freezer, eggs and leftover pork. So I don't have a lot of cushion now. 

Today it kind of feels like a light went on in terms of my energy and mood (at least so far. My mood likes to play tricks on me.) 

Think outside of the box for breakfast. I made a big batch of compliant clam chowder that I'm going to eat for breakfast this week. Yum!! It uses cauliflower as a thickener and coconut milk rather than dairy. Honestly, I warmed some up in a mug and took it with me to eat on my way into work. It's Monday, so naturally I overslept a bit. 

Yesterday, I made bbq sauce for some ribs and it was so good! It used apricot jam (sweetened only with fruit juice). A Nom Nom Paleo recipe. 

Hey All!

I'm not gonna lie, it's been a struggle-bus for me since last Thursday.  I had no appetite and wasn't eating most of my meals.  And, as would follow, I had zero energy.  Definitely not how I felt on my first couple rounds of WH30.  But, this helped remind me that every WH30 is different and you learn something new.  

Last night I think I finally turned the corner though!  Ate all my dinner & got some serious meal prep done.  Made the breakfast dish from the new 'Whole 30 Fast & Easy' cookbook (link below) and it was AWESOME!  I prefer my eggs scrambled so I just scrambled up a couple this morning and scooped up some hash on top. 

https://whole30.com/2017/11/whole30-fast-easy-2/

How's everyone else doing? Hopefully several of you are starting to feel that 'Tiger Blood' energy, focus, and just plain well-being!  If you're like me and it's been a bit delayed just keep pushing through.  Changing your life takes time...but we're all getting there!

@lilliegirl You should be SO proud of yourself, that's huge!  Isn't it crazy how different our bodies respond when we give them actual, healthy food.  And that beef root veggie stew sounds awesome!

@Abi Labrador I completely agree with @kirbz.  I don't think you were eating enough at each meal.  That's definitely something I found doing WH30.  When you're eating good, real food you need to eat more of it than you'd think to fuel your body.  The weight loss will come.  We're forming the habits now to keep feeling great and losing weight after 30 days.  How are things going now?  Did increasing meal sizes work for you?

@kirbz Thank you for all your feedback and support.  As someone who is on their 3rd attempt at a WH30 Round 3 I totally get that things come up.  I needed to be in the head space to fully dive in and do it right and and sometimes things just didn't add up.  Have an awesome time on your cruise and have a great WH30 when you get back!

@Blackcreekrob Snacking in the afternoon is tough, I'd try to increase the size of your lunch first or shift your afternoon trigger to drinking tea or something like that.  If you're truly hungry I'd always try to combine protein and fat.  Hardboiled eggs with carrots are great.  Also some cold grilled chicken and avocado.  Try putting together snacks like these as opposed to fruit or too many nuts.  For breakfast...forget that it's breakfast!  It's just another meal.  One of my favorite 'breakfasts' is actually a hamburger patty with paleo mayo, bacon, avocado, tomato and a side salad.  

@Erinmhess sounds like you're experiencing some AWESOME NSVs!  I'm with you that the Tiger Blood has been slow coming (see previous post) but sounds like you're focusing on the right things!  A moderator might chime in but what you decide to do about the supplements is up to you.  Below is a really good blog post about re-starting.  If you DO decide to keep going you won't be alone!  I decided to do a WH45 instead of just 30 days so I won't be starting introduction until Feb 21st.

https://whole30.com/2014/06/really-start-whole30/

@GayleG  Sorry you were sick but great job staying on plan!  Those recipes sound really good, might have to try those ribs!

1 hour ago, Sarah_MT said:

@lilliegirl You should be SO proud of yourself, that's huge!  Isn't it crazy how different our bodies respond when we give them actual, healthy food.  And that beef root veggie stew sounds awesome!

@Abi Labrador I completely agree with @kirbz.  I don't think you were eating enough at each meal.  That's definitely something I found doing WH30.  When you're eating good, real food you need to eat more of it than you'd think to fuel your body.  The weight loss will come.  We're forming the habits now to keep feeling great and losing weight after 30 days.  How are things going now?  Did increasing meal sizes work for you?

@kirbz Thank you for all your feedback and support.  As someone who is on their 3rd attempt at a WH30 Round 3 I totally get that things come up.  I needed to be in the head space to fully dive in and do it right and and sometimes things just didn't add up.  Have an awesome time on your cruise and have a great WH30 when you get back!

@Blackcreekrob Snacking in the afternoon is tough, I'd try to increase the size of your lunch first or shift your afternoon trigger to drinking tea or something like that.  If you're truly hungry I'd always try to combine protein and fat.  Hardboiled eggs with carrots are great.  Also some cold grilled chicken and avocado.  Try putting together snacks like these as opposed to fruit or too many nuts.  For breakfast...forget that it's breakfast!  It's just another meal.  One of my favorite 'breakfasts' is actually a hamburger patty with paleo mayo, bacon, avocado, tomato and a side salad.  

@Erinmhess sounds like you're experiencing some AWESOME NSVs!  I'm with you that the Tiger Blood has been slow coming (see previous post) but sounds like you're focusing on the right things!  A moderator might chime in but what you decide to do about the supplements is up to you.  Below is a really good blog post about re-starting.  If you DO decide to keep going you won't be alone!  I decided to do a WH45 instead of just 30 days so I won't be starting introduction until Feb 21st.

https://whole30.com/2014/06/really-start-whole30/

@GayleG  Sorry you were sick but great job staying on plan!  Those recipes sound really good, might have to try those ribs!

Thanks for the input @Sarah_MT! I think I will end up doing a whole45. As much as I miss my oatmeal, and would like a glass of wine with the super bowl, I’d like to see if more healing will take place with an extended program.  

@Sarah_MT Thank you so much for checking in on us all individually - it is so much appreciated.  Yes, upping the protein content in my meals has helped a lot - you guys were absolutely right - even just going from 2 to 3 eggs in the morning has made a big difference.  However, still feeling like my jeans are getting tighter not looser, still experiencing a fair bit of bloating, and don't seem able to entirely give up a little bowl of berries and a generous spoonful of almond butter after my evening meal, even though I'm not technically hungry. It's totally a dessert/sugar substitute which I know is not in the Whole30 spirit. Could be a hormonal thing right now though ;).  Not exactly feeling the tiger blood yet, although definitely less sluggish in the morning and as someone said at the beginning, generally more calm and a little more mindful generally - hard to explain (less brain fog?) but that is a really strong NSV, I reckon!  Keep going, people, we only have around 10 more days to go! 

@Sarah_MT How do you like the Fast & Easy cookbook? Are the recipes actually fast and easy? Are you finding lots you want to try? I was thinking about getting it as a two-week non-food reward for myself, but I didn't have time to go check it out in a bookstore, which I want to do before purchasing just to make sure it does have recipes I'd like. 

Last time I did a whole30 I got the Whole30 cookbook, which I like a lot, but the meals are a bit complex and fancy. Although they do have several sequences that go together, like you make one thing and then you use leftovers for two other recipes. My non-food rewards helped a lot last time as motivation and just a nice way to celebrate. I got an Instant Pot for my reward after I was done. Cooking a spaghetti squash in that sucker in less than 15 min total is only the latest time-saving wonderful thing I've been able to do with it. 

I have realized one of the problems I've been having. I've been eating my meals too late. Sometimes I leave too much to do to get my dinner ready and then I don't eat until 8 or even 9 pm. Of course then I have tons of energy at night and have trouble sleeping. This when I plan for next week, I'll try to do more prep ahead of time. 

And I have to say to everyone on here, you are all kind, super supportive, amazing individuals! Thank you for your tips and encouragement. :-) 

@GayleG truth to tell I haven't really looked through it a bunch.  I use the RealPlans website to help with meal planning and to keep things fresh.  The have some of the new recipes loaded in their database.  I'll try to look through it tomorrow night (I'm about to head to bed...TRYING to get to bed earlier so I can get better sleep).  I'll let you know what I think!

Good to hear feedback on the Instant Pot...I bought my sister one for Christmas but she hasn't done much with it yet.  Been considering getting one but I'd have to re-arrange my appliance cabinet to make sure it would fit!   But hey, spaghetti squash in 15mins is pretty darn impressive.

Good luck trying to eat earlier!  I totally understand the struggle (didn't eat until after 8pm tonight myself).

Hello everyone. We are in the last stretch!  

Unlike my first W30, I have started having mild cravings for dairy and something sweet. Sitting in the mall outside of a coffee place and suddenly had the urge to get a raspberry latte.  Really!?  I never have had one of these in my life. Wasn’t feeling good that day and felt a little weak.   I had had a great filling lunch about an hour before of steak, roasted potatoes, carrot and asparagus with a lime cilantro sauce at  a cafe.  Wonder if there was something in the sauce, like sugar?, that made me crave that sweet drink?  I resisted and went home instead.  Last night after dinner, I again wanted something sweet. I decided to have a tangerine which fixed that.  I am not normally a sugar eater so this was a surprise to me.  I don’t usually even eat much fruit.  Totally weird for me.

I am proud of myself and especially my husband who has been able to forego his beloved beer and bread and crackers and has been so supportive. He is so happy his blood pressure has normalized and he wakes up clear headed and is only thinking of reintroducing an occasional corn tortilla and black beans for our upcoming annual March trip to Mexico.  Oh, he is also wanting a Cuban coffee with steamed milk.  Me too.  I will do better at reintroduction this time and will do dairy first, then corn, then beans and them maybe wheat. I would like to be able to eat these foods occasionally also but the only thing I really want to reintroduce is a little bit of cream and cheese.  

So proud of all of you.  This isn’t easy but it is sooo rewarding.  

No tiger blood yet but a little more energy and I suspect that I have lost a few pounds and/or inches.   Nothing dramatic but every bit helps.  I have blood tests scheduled for the week following the W30 and will probably wait to reintroduce until after the tests.  

My last official day of W30 may be a little challenging since we have a small gathering of friends at our house for a potluck  and all day meeting. I am doing some planning for what I will serve so I don’t go hungry and cave in to temptation.  Never know what others will bring.  Determined not to blow the last day.

7 hours ago, Artistcam said:

Hello everyone. We are in the last stretch!  

Unlike my first W30, I have started having mild cravings for dairy and something sweet. Sitting in the mall outside of a coffee place and suddenly had the urge to get a raspberry latte.  Really!?  I never have had one of these in my life. Wasn’t feeling good that day and felt a little weak.   I had had a great filling lunch about an hour before of steak, roasted potatoes, carrot and asparagus with a lime cilantro sauce at  a cafe.  Wonder if there was something in the sauce, like sugar?, that made me crave that sweet drink?  I resisted and went home instead.  Last night after dinner, I again wanted something sweet. I decided to have a tangerine which fixed that.  I am not normally a sugar eater so this was a surprise to me.  I don’t usually even eat much fruit.  Totally weird for me.

I am proud of myself and especially my husband who has been able to forego his beloved beer and bread and crackers and has been so supportive. He is so happy his blood pressure has normalized and he wakes up clear headed and is only thinking of reintroducing an occasional corn tortilla and black beans for our upcoming annual March trip to Mexico.  Oh, he is also wanting a Cuban coffee with steamed milk.  Me too.  I will do better at reintroduction this time and will do dairy first, then corn, then beans and them maybe wheat. I would like to be able to eat these foods occasionally also but the only thing I really want to reintroduce is a little bit of cream and cheese.  

So proud of all of you.  This isn’t easy but it is sooo rewarding.  

No tiger blood yet but a little more energy and I suspect that I have lost a few pounds and/or inches.   Nothing dramatic but every bit helps.  I have blood tests scheduled for the week following the W30 and will probably wait to reintroduce until after the tests.  

My last official day of W30 may be a little challenging since we have a small gathering of friends at our house for a potluck  and all day meeting. I am doing some planning for what I will serve so I don’t go hungry and cave in to temptation.  Never know what others will bring.  Determined not to blow the last day.

In some ways I have found this week more challenging as well. The novelty has worn off... I know I'm not eating enough, as I often feel quite hungry in afternoon and evenings.  Worst thing is the last three nights have been restless sleeps. I miss the incredible sleeps I was having over the first two weeks. Overall things are going well. Went for a wonderful run the other day, the first time outside in quite a while. Getting pretty bored of eggs and avocados for breakfast. My goal is too find a yummy sauce to make to spruce up my foods. 

@Artistcam, I hear you about the challenges of the last day. I have a celebratory lunch with my class,  and have realized the timing could have been better.

Having said that, I'm starting to read about reintroductions. Those who have done this before, any lessons or advice?

Have a great weekend everyone, and keep up the good efforts! 

Rob

@Blackcreekrob Recommended sauces: (I believe versions of these can all be found in the main Whole30 book)

Roasted Red Pepper Sauce/romesco 

Ranch dressing (made with compliant mayo)

Mayo + garlic + whatever fresh herb you happen to have and/or lemon zest

I also love just dumping salsa on my eggs, but that doesn't have any healthy fat, which helps you feel full. I've also noticed i get headaches unless I eat enough healthy fat. 

@Sarah_MT Thanks! 

Don't go to any trouble on my account. I'll stop at a bookstore one of these days and flip through it or look it up online I guess. I have a weird thing about liking to hold books in my hands. Old fashioned, I know. :-) 

Is RealPlans a Whole30 thing or general? Do you like it? 

An Instant Pot can be intimidating. Another easy thing to try are hard boiled eggs. (They are actually steamed, but they come out perfect and easy to peel.) 

Did anyone here try the nutpods?  

Chimichurri is a great sauce for almost anything.   Lots of recipes on the internet.  

I tried the ranch dressing from the W30 cookbook because of a friend who absolutely loves it. I thought it was a little too vinegary for my taste.  Others love it.  I may try it again with less or no vinegar and add more herbs.  You may love it!  We all have unique taste buds.  Good basic recipe you can tweak to your own taste.  

Only a week or so to go.  Easy Peasy.

This first time I did a reintroduction, I blew it by eating too many combo foods instead of the one at a time recommended.  This time I will do it per instructions.  Good luck to you all.  

So fellow 5th January starters, I have been really struggling the last day or two, just about hanging in there and determined to stay compliant to the bitter end, but I have to say the digestive issues got so uncomfortable for me that I had a terrible night last night with really painful bloating that has been an issue from the get go.  I am not really feeling tiger anything, just serious bloating and yet also feeling hungry all the time, and obsessing over my next meal to an unhealthy degree. I'm not craving sugar, and  am not tempted by stuff in the house but also alarmed by my desire to eat. And also by the fact that I am almost certain I have put weight on - my face looks puffier and my jeans feel very tight!  I wasn't after weight loss particularly but didn't want weight gain.

I ended up by accident reading a thread in which people who already were quite active and followed fairly healthy diets (this is me too) found that they did not do well on the Whole30.  I'm beginning to wonder if the tiger blood, weight loss and general fabulousness are more acute for those who were following a very different, processed, sugar-rich diet to begin with?

So today I am following my gut (ha!) and didn't eat until I felt hungry - instead of going for a big Meal 1 within an hour of waking I had 'breakfast' at 12.00 and lunch at 3pm.  I also cut back on the quantity of veg (but not protein) as I'm just feeling my stomach can't handle this level of veg/fibre.  So instead of a massive salad I just had a small avocado and a small tin of mackerel fillets plus a spoonful of butternut squash.  I'm going to stop the nuts completely as don't think they are helping.  Already I'm feeling less uncomfortably full and more satiated, but will be interesting (for me only!) if my hunger pangs stay at bay.

Is this inability to handle the large quantities of veg ringing bells for anyone else?  I've previously done a FODMAP elimination diet and am not eating cauliflower, apples, pears, mangoes, asparagus or mushrooms for that reason. Sad to say, as I love them all, but I know they make me expand like a balloon within minutes!

Sorry, I've rambled on too long as usual, but if anyone else is still struggling with bloating on Day 23, I'd be very interested to know?

Thanks for reading, and well done everyone - we are in single figures now . . . 

@Abi Labrador So sorry you are having trouble! I think cutting out the nuts is a good call. 

You might try doing a search for you symptoms in the search bar of the forums. Or look through the posts under the "Troubleshooting" topic. You might find some helpful info there. 

I personally am a little worn out. I don't have as much energy as I did last time. I attribute this to not adding as much fat as I should. I've gotten tired of cleaning out all those empty jars with a skin of leftover mayo. Ugh. And I know for some reason just olive oil in a dressing doesn't really fill me up as much. Yes, my default state is to be a lazybones. 

But we are in the home stretch!

Day 27, Feeling good.

Over the last few days I've noticed I'm not even struggling with the foods I can't have. It's become simple to say no to the cookies at the meeting etc.

Starting to ponder about reintroduction vs. Extension.

The scale and measurements will be a factor for me.  While this month was not simply about weight, extending may be.

This is my first whole 30.I was 232 lb when I decided to do this, 227 lb when I started, and my goal weight is under 210, preferably under 200 (if I can dream).

I guess some of my addiction to the scale lives on, or at least the "gold star" I can give myself when being successful.

How are other people doing / thinking?

Any opinions on where I'm at will be much appreciated.

Rob

21 hours ago, Linwe said:

Day 27, and I feel great! How is everyone else feeling?

I agree with you @Blackcreekrob I think I might carry on for another couple of weeks as long as I haven’t actually put weight on (jeans no looser and many avocados and nuts have been consumed). We’ll see. I’m finding it easy to pass on anything sugary and to my surprise, dairy, but missing whole grains big time! Eggs without toast not sustainable long term for me!

Doing well.  Starting to like black coffee with a little cinnamon and a splash of vanilla extract.  Did well today when a friend came over and we served her some delicious cookies.  I was not tempted at all and gave her the remainder of the cookies to take home.  Cookies are my downfall so this was a big win for me.  

Only a few more days till the official end of our 30 days. Congrats everyone  

I think  I will make some sauces to liven up our plain but delicious meals.  Another go at ranch dressing and maybe something with some spice.

Archived