Migraine Symptoms on Day 2

My husband and I started the Whole30 yesterday, so today is only day two. I’ve been suffering from chronic migraines since I was a young child, and I woke up this morning to an awful headache that is beginning to show migraine symptoms. Usually at this point I’d be sticking to a plain-rice-and-veggie-broth-only diet for at least the day, if not the next few days depending on symptoms. I’m hungry, but the idea of any other food is making me so nauseous that I can’t even begin to think about it. Rice/ broth are fairly flavorless and easy to eat during a migraine.. 

Do any of you have any suggestions on what I should try to eat/ how I could deal with this? I don’t want to have this be why I have to restart the Whole30, that seems so counterproductive to what I’m doing. I’d like to push through this. But I also can’t deal with a migraine for the next few days. 

I unfortunately don't have any great advice but wanted to let you know you are not alone! I also suffer from migraines and woke up today (Day 2) with one of the worst I may have ever had. As much as I didn't want to compromise 2 days, I had to get into work and that was not happening unless I took some meds. My body refused (I tried- it came right back up) to let me eat anything compliant (my go-to is mashed potatoes or crackers). In a panic, I grabbed some crackers so I could take and keep down some Advil.

My game plan is to restart tomorrow. I figured it's better to have to restart on Day 2 then Day 20. I munched on a few crackers to get me through the beginning of the day, ate some light fruit and went back to my prepared meals. I'm hoping that having those 2 days of prep time, with tomorrow being my new Day 1, that my "Day 2" hangover symptoms (which I'm assuming triggered my migraine and weak stomach) won't be as bad.  To prepare for this happening in the future, I'm going to have potatoes on hand in case I need to take any pain medication moving forward. Maybe a plain baked potato might work for you in place of rice?

Best of luck to you! Hopefully others will have some recommendations!

Archived