Sign in to follow this  
aprilb

Round Three

Hello all! I started round 3 on January 1, 2018.

I'm glad I'd shopped and prepped and fully made up my mind, because in the last hour of 2017, my 4-year old started puking and I pulled an all-nighter with him to ring in the new year. LOL In spite of that, however, I had a successful Day 1! It felt like ... coming home. <3

It did feel like a pretty good victory to have a great Day 1 in spite of NO sleep and sick kiddo. But I simplified some meals (we had planned to go to a New Year's potluck and I was going to make the Whole30 stuffed mushrooms + deviled eggs to take) and it totally worked.

I know that there may be tough days ahead but I've had two successful rounds in the past 2 years and I know I can do this! 

Welcome back and great job on a super tough night/day!  You definitely know how to make it work when life throws a curve ball and it sounds like Day 1 was a terrific NSV.  

Day 2. I think the all-nighter that I pulled on Dec. 31st is catching up to me. Even though I got a lot of sleep last night, ... I'm paying the piper. This, too, shall pass.

Something new for this round: NO SCALE. I have always been good about not getting on the scale, but this time, I didn't take a starting weight. Here is why.

When my son was sick on my first day, I completely forgot to weigh myself the morning of Day 1. So I debated about whether I should weigh myself on Day 2 and call it "close enough," or if it might be a good round to ditch the scale completely and focus exclusively on NSVs. Well, I was going back and forth on the point, and then this morning (Day 2) I FORGOT. AGAIN. So, I'm kind of taking that as a sign. By completely letting go of the scale, I think I'll be tuning in more to my body. (Even moreso than in previous rounds.) Not a Whole30 rule obviously ... just taking it up a notch for my own personal growth and FFF.

Day 4. I never experienced "The Hangover." Maybe this is a fluke?

I don't feel the need to Kill All the Things ... but I have had some inklings of wanting carbs today. Because my midday was broken up with appointments, I wound up having two small meals for "Meal 2" instead of one big one. No big deal. I am short on water today, though. Need to bump that up.

Hard to believe this is Day 8 already. That was a quick week!

Hardest time so far has been Day 6. I was unbelievably tired!! In spite of getting great sleep all week. But, ... I was comforted to see the Whole30 IG post and be reminded that that’s kinda par for the course on Day 6. How quickly I forget, even on Round 3!

Biggest victory since my last post has been Meal 3, Day 7. I made the Buffalo Chicken Salad from Against All Grain. Amazing, and my cheese-and-bread-loving hubby had thirds. One more victory has been getting the whole week planned out and shopped for. No surprises, and I’m ready to go.

Day 9. Almost 30% done?? 

Yesterday I had salad for all 3 meals. I don’t regret it but I do need a break from that. Today I shall enjoy some potatoes in my life.

Day 10 ... double digits now. WOOT WOOT!

So the constipation hit on cue yesterday. Which is unbelievable given how much salad I have been consuming. Its supposed to regulate pretty quickly so let's hope. :)

Its looking like a long stretch for 20 more days. I know this is a little blip on the radar of my life, but I'm getting a little bored of my food.

Day 12. Nothing is wrong and all is well, but DAMN did I ever want to quit on days 10 and 11! I believe I’ve gotten over that now but wow it really hit me hard this round!!

So today is Day 13. On Days 10 and 11, I had a MAJOR temper tantrum (alluded to above). I very nearly quit. Twice.

Yesterday, on Day 12, I wake up with an iron resolve. IRON.

Yesterday, on Day 12, I'm holding my very angsty toddler, who had no interest in her lunch, while I tried to eat mine. I get a few bites of my taco salad in (holding her, mind you) and she vomits. Allllllllll over my lunch, the kitchen island, the floor, her high chair, her favorite blankie-that-she-is-inconsolable-without, etc ... Suffices to say: LUNCH IS NOW OVER. :lol:

I clean up alllllllllll of the mess. With screaming toddler in the mix. Clean said screamer, change her as well. Fortunately, my 4-year-old stays put playing Legos in his room the  whole time. And I'm still hungry, ... but not, after cleaning what I just cleaned. :lol: And this is how the window for lunch basically comes and goes. But my hunger stays.

Hubby gets home ... I tell him, "I'm not sure what we are doing for dinner." :( People, my IRON resolve began to melt. I tell him, "Its ok, ... I've had a good run for nearly 12 days ... " To which he replies: "I'm going to make you something." :wub: So, it wasn't fancy, but it was tasty. He scrambled some eggs and pan seared some chicken apple sausage. Which I had some pre-made guacamole with. We shared an apple with some almond butter. I know it was a bit lacking on the veggie end of things, but I did stay compliant and in-it-to-win-it when it would have been easy (maybe even understandable!) to walk.

Needless to say, ... ain't NOTHING gonna shake my resolve for the next 17 days now!

Wow, you are IRON WOMAN! Your husband is also the hero of the night, making sure your resolve didn't crumble. Congrats to you for keeping yourself tougher, despite a sick kid ruining your lunch/day/resolve/etc.

so sorry but i had a good laugh from the image you painted of your lunch! but your story has a great triumph-over-adversity ending. :)

Well, here we are on Day 15 already! (Or, finally? LOL) Got double workouts planned this morning, ... cuz I feel so good! And tonight I'm making these amazing looking sweet potato chicken (I'll actually be using turkey) poppers with dump ranch for a fun change of pace dinner. :-) Keep on keeping on, everyone!