Alice's First Whole30!

youngalice

Just completed Day One of my first Whole30 on the 2nd January 2018. I've felt a bit headachey today, more and more so as they day goes on, which has made me feel apprehensive about what is to come in the coming days and weeks - but I'm excited to see what this journey brings.

I've also accepted an invitation to my friends 30th birthday party, which is a Wine and Cheese night...not sure how I'm going to manage that one!!

Soooooo after yesterday I woke up this morning feeling headhachy, fluish, and generally terrible. I had the shakes and everything! During my morning yoga (I normally try and do about 30 minutes) I had to take a break.

HOWEVER by the afternoon after my chicken chowder soup I was feeling amazing - I went to the gym and although I was low on energy I managed to complete my whole workout, I just took it a little slower! I feel like I've accomplished so much. Also I was really craving a banana as my post-workout snack, which is amazing.

Another bonus is that I have found a new favourite recipe! From the Whole30 book, sausage patties, sweet potato mash and caramelised onions. I had this with a side of greens and I. LOVED. IT. Can't wait to make it again - and I'm sure I'll be eating this well past my Whole30 is over :)

DAY SEVEN!

I can't believe it's day Seven - according to the Whole30 Timeline I should be at the "I just want a nap" stage, but I feel amazing. Honestly, absolutely utterly amazing. It was my first day back at work since before Christmas, so I knew it was going to be a trying day, but whereas I would usually feel low and depressed and angsty about it I just got on with things. I had a sneaky Nakd bar in my bag for the commute home and I'm glad I did - the tube was delayed and it was useful having something to snack on that was compliant so that I didn't sneak to McDonalds at the station...

Bring on the second week of the challenge!

It's DAY THIRTEEN and I'm feeling GREAT.

I've had a few bloating issues, but not the discomfort that used to come with bloating before. Not experienced any of the weird dreams that people often report at this stage in the programme but they may still be to come!

Archived