Breastfeeding mama starting week of January 8

CGinDC

Hi there, I am the proud mama of a one year old and am planning to do a Whole 30 to get back to a healthy relationship with food. I developed quite the sugar addiction when I was pregnant, which has stubbornly stuck around in the last year (as has my baby weight). My little one is still breastfeeding some, though we are tapering off. I'd love to find a group of other mamas to little ones so we can share recipes and ideas for how to tackle the challenges of the Whole 30 while balancing the demands of family life. I've done the Whole 30 before but that was before I had a baby...I have a feeling it will be more challenging this time around!

We decided to start tomorrow, since in my experience I usually feel the worst from day 3-5. I work from home on Fridays so I at least won't have to deal with the worst of it while also dealing with colleagues.

@Summeradele what have been some of your go-to meals for easy weeknight dinners?

Hi hi! Another breastfeeding mama here! A just turned 1 yesterday so I'll also be working on dropping his post-nap feeds at the same time as the Whole30. Last time I did this he was 7 months and a lot less clingy, so we'll see how the notorious excessive food prep works now that he's all mama all the time.

How's it going @emily.irl? Hasn't been too bad over here, thankfully it's a holiday weekend so it's been easier to stay on top of prep and cooking. I need to meal plan for the week, though. 

I know the moderators recommend 4 template meals for BFing mamas, but I'm not sure that applies to me since X usually only nurses morning and night. I'm trying to drop my mid-day pump/nursing session so I'm not too concerned about supply, but I'm guessing I'd need at least a little extra to sustain those two nursing sessions?

I just started yesterday. I'm nursing/pumping for my 4 month old exclusively. I'm nervous to see how my milk supply does but I'm very excited to see how this effects him as well as me. I started back to work a couple weeks ago and have noticed a major uptick in my appetite now that I am pumping 4 times a day versus just nursing him all day. 

I also have a 2 1/2 year old and found that meal prepping yesterday was difficult between the two of them. Even with my husband home and helping out. I need to keep this in mind when I plan my menu next week.

Hi!
I'm late to the thread, but I'm doing a whole30 (I started on January 1) and I have 3 kids (6, 3, and 16 months) and the 16-month-old is still nursing frequently during the day (and night for that matter...).  I do find I have to eat A LOT of fat. Like, a LOT. This is my third whole30 and I've done them all while breastfeeding. I've never noticed any affects on my milk supply!

I'll be checking in!

Glad we have a little group forming here! How is everyone feeling? I have had a slight headache on and off the last coupled ays, but it really hasn't been bad. My husband hasn't felt bad at all, which is surprising but awesome. I do think he was in the "kill all the things" stage the last couple days, though - so grumpy (despite saying he felt really good). He seems better today, thankfully.

Archived