Does anyone else feel a little dizzy?

FHinFL

Hi there!

I started Whole30 on the 1st, and it's not too far off of how I was eating, but obviously I am now not eating anything that is on the NO list!

But it's day 3 for me and I'm feeling dizzy and lightheaded. I've tracked my calories to make sure I'm eating enough and I'm at around 1,500 calories per day, is this not enough?

I'm eating egg whites (because I have high cholesterol), spinach, tomatoes, for breakfast. Had a beef, tomato, cabbage etc. stew for lunch, clementines, bananas and nuts for snacks. Dinner was Tilapia and roasted cauliflower with side of spinach.

I'm sure other people have had the same issue and not eating enough seemed to be the issue, but I'm full! Wondering if my blood sugar is low, or if my body just needs to adjust? Just wondering if anyone else has felt this way, and if it's just a phase?

Thanks for any feedback!

• Moderators

We don't count or track calories and really discourage it so I have no idea if 1500 is high or low... it seems low to me tho.

Dietary cholesterol does not increase blood cholesterol so you can eat the yolks..avoiding saturated fats like that due to cholesterol concerns is a myth that has been debunked but the mainstream media is pretty far behind... if you want the science behind that, try to find the book Eat the Yolks by Liz Wolfe.... very approachable, very interesting and enlightening.

That said, you have no fat in any of your meals except snacking on fruit and nuts which is discouraged.  I would suspect that the problem is that you're not eating near enough.  When the body throws things like 'faint' and dizzy' at you, it's because it's trying to alert you to something so no, you don't just ignore it.  If while you're figuring out the egg yolk thing (should you decide to research as above), try eating other protein for breakfast instead of the partial eggs and add plated fat (mayo, avocado, bacon occassionally, olives, pesto, chimichuri etc) to all your meals.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
24 minutes ago, TSeyfarth said:

SugarcubeOD

After doing the Whole30 (which I love the benefits of sleep, thinking clearer, less joint pain and yes weight loss) my cholesterol went up.  Now I'm not too sure.  

Cholesterol is a very complex thing... if your numbers went up but it was your ldl that went up and not your hdl then that's okay... do a bit of research on the two types of cholesterol numbers... it's really more than just black or white...

Archived