My poor beleaguered gut

My gut was going crazy my first round too!  It took me about a week and a half to realize that I have a hard time digesting fats, especially by themselves.  (I was resorting to nuts every time I got hungry outside of meals.)  On top of that, I workout at an intense level almost every day, so I wasn't eating enough carbs to refuel.  Maybe try dialing down your fat intake and upping your carb intake?  I ate parsnips, sweet potatoes, and butternut squash on the regular and only allowed myself a handful of nuts each day.

Thanks for the tip about the fat. I'll give it a try. It was better yesterday. I have a really sensitive gut and am prone to digestive upset anytime anything changes. I feel better now, though, and will keep on keepin' on! I'm really motivated this time around. I want my vitality back! Good luck to you, too.

I have heard a lot of those with IBS struggling in the first week. I would make sure you are eating well cooked veggies, as raw can agitate IBS. I have celiac disease and have noticed a lot of irritability as well, but it will pass, as my previous rounds have shown. If you are eating a lot of cruciferous vegetables, such as broccoli and cabbage, I would skip them for a while and see how your tummy feels.  

Day 8 and my tummy is definitely better. Thanks for the tips everybody. Hope you are all doing well. I'm finding this tough at moments, but easier than I thought it would be. Amazing how that happens when you're motivated and you feel better. I can't believe how much better I sleep when I don't drink wine! 

Day 8 here as well and I am having the same issues. I get stomach cramps every time I eat and generally feel very "yuck". It's almost enough to make me want to abort my whole30. Almost. I'm going to stick it through but this is tough for me. I am going to cut back on the amount of eggs I am eating and avoid broccoli and asparagus for a bit and see if it helps. 

I too am having tummy trouble.  Im on day 15 today and suddenly I feel like I'm backsliding.   My tummy feels very bloated and constipated.  I'm extremely tired too and have foggy brain again.  Yesterday I thought I might be headed for Tiger Blood because I felt amazing , My energy was great all day long.   I'm basically eating 2-3 eggs with tons of veggies for breakfast and plenty of ghee, sometimes bacon, sometimes I'll have an orange but not daily.  For lunch I have left over dinner- today it was chicken chowder from the Whole 30 book, plus I added 1/2 small avocado.  For dinner last night I had a beef burger patty, roasted brussell sprouts and half a sweet potato, with mayonnaise.   I don't usually snack but I work very long hours and needed an extra food so I had a Chomps meat stick and 1 whole celery rib with almond butter and raisins.  I did take probiotics today and yesterday thinking that would be good but now I'm wondering if I should stop that and see if I feel better not taking it.   I'm hoping I feel better soon.  I'm not eating a lot of raw veggies so it's confusing why I'm feeling this way now on day 15 when I've been feeling so great up until now.

Archived