Fruit... blah

StefM

Today is Day 3. I am busy with work and mom duties, so I confess I haven't read to the full extent the program what to do's and not to do's. I ate a ton of apples in the past 3 days... and then today really read the meal planning guide and realize... whoops. Not supposed to have that much fruit. And then I said, I don't care, @ least I've followed everything else and I gave up DIET COKE - 34 days and counting. And I'm not talking 1-2 DC... I'm talking a VAT. This was how I was operating to be mom and work 60-hours a week. So still feeling accomplished and will approach day 3-30 omitting the # of apples I was eating. They were really good.... sigh.

• Administrators
Just now, StefM said:

Today is Day 3. I am busy with work and mom duties, so I confess I haven't read to the full extent the program what to do's and not to do's. I ate a ton of apples in the past 3 days... and then today really read the meal planning guide and realize... whoops. Not supposed to have that much fruit. And then I said, I don't care, @ least I've followed everything else and I gave up DIET COKE - 34 days and counting. And I'm not talking 1-2 DC... I'm talking a VAT. This was how I was operating to be mom and work 60-hours a week. So still feeling accomplished and will approach day 3-30 omitting the # of apples I was eating. They were really good.... sigh.

Giving up Diet Coke is a major accomplishment, good for you! As long as you are following the rules of Whole30, you're good. Our recommendation surrounding fruit is because we don't want people using it as a stand in for whatever sweets they used to eat. We also recommend you have it with meals (or if a snack, include a protein and a fat) so that it doesn't mess with your blood sugar. Fruit by itself does nothing for you as far as getting you from one meal to the next. 

Besides that, you SHOULD feel accomplished. And if you decide to follow the fruit recommendations, that's great. If you decide to eat 12 apples a day, that's fine too....you just might not feel your very best. ;) 

5 minutes ago, StefM said:

Your attitude is totally spot on here - and I second what @ladyshanny said, giving up DC is HUGE!!

Remember that sometimes you have to just let good enough be good enough. As long as you didn't break any of the rules you're good. Don't get too down on yourself, and just try to do a little better each day. It'll all become a lot easier once you get the hang of it!

Thanks, that makes me feel better about all those pink ladies. I have to be honest, I haven't had too much problem following the rules other than the fruit quantity, the calm before the storm?:lol: I figure I'm going to roll with it for now and hope it lasts.

I realize I have to get better about packing foods to eat pre and post workouts. I've been a little fatigued.

thx for the encouragement!!!

Way to go giving up the DC! That was a major one for me too when I did my first Whole30. It's been almost 2 years, and I don't miss it. In fact, a few months back I took one sip just to see if I still liked it, and man have my tastes changed! Keep up the good work.

You know interestingly enough when I gave up DC I was mentally ready and I haven't craved it (aside from the two dreams I had where I was drinking one and someone pointed out to me and I was so ticked I gave in). So bonus there. I've also not experienced the hunger, anger, sleepiness, etc. of day 2-4. I'm not bragging... and empathize with those who are struggling. I chalk it up to sleep deprivation (20 month co-sleeping daughter) for 2-years and the 1-3 days of excessive #'s of Pink Ladies... not Grease... the apples. Happy Day 4 - TGIF!

Archived