Starting Jan 8

snd9

Hi guys! I'll be starting my second whole 30 on January 8. My first was about two years ago so I know this will be challenging but I have a lot more resources now to help me through it. I'm excited to look through this forum for helpful tips!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hiya - also starting on the 8th!  I've tried this twice and haven't gotten past week 2...BUT...I am particularly motivated this time, and I am determined to make it all the way through.  I already eat pretty "clean" but the alcohol is my issue.

Today is Day 1 for me, so I'm writing to you FROM THE FUTURE!!!

Got ghee melting on the stove while I drink my morning glass of water.  Oh that's right: doing no coffee this round :o I like to give myself a break now and then, and combining it with W30 seems to work out well.  Definitely helps me satisfy the "ounces of water = half your bodyweight in pounds" recommendation.

Today I have a lunch date with my daughter and mom so beginning today is out of the question. I will be starting tomorrow, the 8th. I am a middle school teacher. I worry about returning to the classroom on the 17th and being fully prepared with meal prep and having the patience and stamina to get through the remaining 3 weeks. 

Good evening y’all!  This is my second Whole 30 that I started today!  My last one was two years ago.  I maintained my whole 30 habits for many many months but culminated into an all out sugar frenzy this past Christmas. I saw bad habits returning and thought it was time for a reset! I’m super excited to be re-committed to what became a lifestyle for me, except wine!  Life is too short to never have wine again! That’s where Food Freedom comes in! 

Today has been day 1 of Whole 30 for me! This is my 1st time. I'm excited and a little concerned bc my eating habits have been horrible for the past 3.5yrs and I know the sugar addiction is going to work on me. I want to feel healthy and strong. I want to have energy and feel comfortable in my own skin. Let's do this!

41 minutes ago, kirkor said:

Is everyone off to a good start?

I can tell when I increase my water consumption because it seems like I'm peeing ALL THE TIME! :D

So far so good! Day 1 just about in the books. I am feeling hungry. My stomach is growling but I've eaten all the veggies, fruit, meat, and nuts I can stand for 1 day haha. This is an enormous shift in eating habits for me. My diet has been full of sugar, preservatives, and fast food for the past few years yuck.

8 minutes ago, micah_erin76 said:

Today has been day 1 of Whole 30 for me! This is my 1st time. I'm excited and a little concerned bc my eating habits have been horrible for the past 3.5yrs and I know the sugar addiction is going to work on me. I want to feel healthy and strong. I want to have energy and feel comfortable in my own skin. Let's do this!

My exact feelings.  

Hi everyone! I'll be starting today (Jan 9th) my 2nd round. My 1st was in April2017 and as much as I loved the journey, it was very easy to get off track very quickly. I tried a 2nd round right after the 1st one but I didn't had the motivation or commitment needed. 

This time I'm 100% in!

Hope everyone had a good 1st day!

I started my fifth Whole30 on Sunday, January 7th. I did it back in 2015 and I went up to day 63. But my big huge problem is when I try to reintroduce the “other” foods that you’re not supposed to be on. Then my good friend, THE Sugar Dragon,  starts to wiggle its way back in. I’m a mess right now. Have acquired DM type 2 along the way and I’m at my heaviest that I’ve ever been at. So here I am back again hoping to go further than the last time. 

Archived