Starting Jan 8

snd9

6 hours ago, dee1314 said:

I started my fifth Whole30 on Sunday, January 7th. I did it back in 2015 and I went up to day 63. But my big huge problem is when I try to reintroduce the “other” foods that you’re not supposed to be on. Then my good friend, THE Sugar Dragon,  starts to wiggle its way back in. I’m a mess right now. Have acquired DM type 2 along the way and I’m at my heaviest that I’ve ever been at. So here I am back again hoping to go further than the last time. 

The sugar dragon can be relentless. Great job coming back to W30! I'm a newbie but I will be here to support you! It seems for most of us, lifelong change of diet is really continual learning. Maybe get in touch with a moderator and as your W30 comes to an end, reach out to those who have had long-term success for extra guidance, encouragement, and motivation with your reintroduction phase. You can do this!!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I started #2 yesterday.  Did my last one Nov 2016.  I have not been following a smart diet for the past year and my IBS has been awful.  I have been shocked at how fast my system responded to the diet change.  So much GI upset gone on day1.  Have the headaches and fatigue but extremely optimistic so far.  Wine is my downfall so I started drinking Lacroix water in a wine glass for the ritual comfort.  Has worked well.

Hi everyone !

Day 3 begins, and the sugar dragon is moaning. It's quite hard because all the bakeries are full of almond pies in january here  (two buttery puff pastries with almond cream inbetween), and smelling the beautiful fragrance coming out is a sin in itself  :D. 

But ... I'm not giving in. 

I started my fifth Whole30 on Sunday, January 7th. I did it back in 2015 and I went up to day 63. But my big huge problem is when I try to reintroduce the “other” foods that you’re not supposed to be on. Then my good friend, THE Sugar Dragon,  starts to wiggle its way back in. I’m a mess right now. Have acquired DM type 2 along the way and I’m at my heaviest that I’ve ever been at. So here I am back again hoping to go further than the last time. 

Hi all! I started my first Whole30 on Jan 8. So, day 3 here. So far, so good. Haven't had as many bad symptoms as I thought I would. I've been thinking about doing this for a long time so my motivation is high. My sugar addiction has been out of control recently and I'm ready to feel better! Hope y'all have a great day today!

15 hours ago, kirkor said:

@dee1314 you may just need to come to terms with the fact that sugar doesn't belong in your life.  Even outside the context of Whole30, maybe go for like a year of no sugar and see how you feel?

@kirkor This is why I decided to return and continue with Whole30. I do feel good when following it and actually don’t really miss the sugar. So this time I do want to extend past the 63 days I had done previously. 

Hi everyone! My sister and I also started Monday- whoop for day 3!  Coming in to this with a few others under my belt, some more successful than others.  My approach this time is committed, but relaxed- I am going to take deep breaths and really enjoy ownership of my food and body.  In the past, I have been so fixated on doing it "right" that I got very anxious about food and meals.  I am very social and love to connect with people over a beautiful meal, so I am focusing on living my real life within parameters that move me closer to health with Whole30 to get me started.  I am excited to have a good crew in this thread!  

Any body else feel like they're developing a spiritual connection to sweet potatoes?  I wrap them in plastic wrap and microwave several at a time, then grab in the morning so it's nice and easy.  Coconut oil, cinnamon and nutmeg - MMMMMMM!  Especially great with an egg cup full of veggies :-)  What are your favorite meals so far?

4 hours ago, dee1314 said:

@kirkor This is why I decided to return and continue with Whole30. I do feel good when following it and actually don’t really miss the sugar. So this time I do want to extend past the 63 days I had done previously. 

I have seen where people have had long-term success, true lifestyle change, with eating paleo after completing W30. I'm going to look into this a little more.:)

20 hours ago, micah_erin76 said:

I have seen where people have had long-term success, true lifestyle change, with eating paleo after completing W30. I'm going to look into this a little more.:)

I think I may do the same thing but after I have gone as far as I can with Whole30. 

Today is Day 5 for me ( started on 7th) and I can actually say that I feel like my huffin and puffin has diminished. YEA!!!!! I took a shower this morning and as I made it to bedroom I was breathing normally. No holding on to walls while I catch my breath, no rushing to chair so I can rest. I can feel the difference already. The last time I did Whole63 the first few days were torture. I was having severe headaches, feeling nauseous and I was practically begging for a sugar cube. Not this time. I’m actually having it easy. 

Well today is now day 4, I have to say I am doing good. There has been some detoxing issues, but I am doing fine, so glad I am not a stranger to detoxing :)

There has been some tiredness going on, more tears and just feeling a bit out of sorts. But here I am and found the Beet Sirloin Soup from the Whole 30 book is so good.

That is my comfort food at the 3:00 hour slump....

Hope all is well with the new starters :)

On 1/10/2018 at 5:11 AM, Bonnielv said:

Hi everyone !

Day 3 begins, and the sugar dragon is moaning. It's quite hard because all the bakeries are full of almond pies in january here  (two buttery puff pastries with almond cream inbetween), and smelling the beautiful fragrance coming out is a sin in itself  :D. 

But ... I'm not giving in. 

I so hear you, I am a baker by trade :( Love doing my cookies, but the smells sometimes send  me over the top. Tomorrow is a baking day for me.....wish me luck on day 5, cleansing breath here we go :) 

22 hours ago, MonikaDelilah said:

Today is a day of reckoning...I really want to open a bag of chips! I know that plantains are out (even if they are compliant) Are there any other options to curb my chip craze? 

Trader Joe's has dried broccoli florets that you might enjoy.

Jumping in late bcs I had some technical issues with the Forum. My day 1 was also January 8. So far , so good. Not as hard as I would have thought but I eat fairly well. Really miss some things and THANK GOD FOR POTATOES. Definitely takes more prep to eat this way. 

Wow, I’m surprised so many started up on the 8th like I did! Best of luck! :D

I’ve quit drinking alcohol and I feel like I’m craving chocolate so bad that I want to put my head through a wall!!:wacko:

I’ve never craved chocolate so badly in my life, even the past times I’ve done the Whole30.  Any tips for curbing something so strong? (I’ve been drinking a lot of water)

• Moderators
On January 12, 2018 at 12:22 PM, snd9 said:

Trader Joe's has dried broccoli florets that you might enjoy.

Not a great idea honestly... I don't think we can call these 'chips' under the no chips rule but the poster whom you recommended them to is looking for a 'hand to mouth mindless snack' like chips so that dried broccoli (which I"ve had) is totally a stand in for chips - I doubt very much anyone's putting a few pieces on a salad as extra crunch... 

• Moderators
54 minutes ago, Uni_corndog0625 said:

Wow, I’m surprised so many started up on the 8th like I did! Best of luck! :D

I’ve quit drinking alcohol and I feel like I’m craving chocolate so bad that I want to put my head through a wall!!:wacko:

I’ve never craved chocolate so badly in my life, even the past times I’ve done the Whole30.  Any tips for curbing something so strong? (I’ve been drinking a lot of water)

Oooh, your brain is being quite the meany to you right now isn't it!  Okay if distraction techniques don't work (read a book, go for a walk, take a bath etc) then eat something salty or briney like olives (not nuts).  This does two things... it redirects your brain becasue its the exact opposite of sweet and second, it will help you tell yourself that you are NOT HUNGRY because you just ate a big handful of fat... and then move on to trying some other distraction technique.  The only way around this kind of thing is through it unfortunately but you're doing amazing, keep going, it does go away/diminish eventually.

On 1/13/2018 at 8:00 AM, Bonnielv said:

day 6 and still on board !

My mood is good too. The sugar cravings are fading... I have more energy and i'm more focused on what I do. 

Is it the same for you ? 

Have a nice day. :D

Yes it feels so good to be in control.....even with my baking :) woohoo !!

Glad to hear the same for you too !!

Archived