Just checking

little_muffin

you can purchase ghee or make it yourself. your choice.

Bacon and Ham are ok, if you can find one without any non-compliant ingredients (ie. no sugar, no cane sugar, no soy, etc.)...that said, comliant bacon and ham are hard to find, and you do want to make sure the bacon you use is very high quality since it is a fatty cut.

Hi, it's fairly easy to find compliant bacon here in the UK. Marks & Spencer does a nice outdoor reared compliant bacon and cooked wiltshire ham. You have to check the labels as not all their bacon is sugar free. Most supermarkets will have sugar free bacon, often the cheaper ranges but there's no telling how the animals were raised or even where.

http://www.realfoods.co.uk/ sell Pukka organic ghee. It's quite expensive but I tried it to see what home made 'should' taste like :) I'm not connected with the company but they've always delivered quickly and if your order's over £29, delivery is free, mainland UK. They also sell kombucha now, though that's quite recent

Kirsteen- been off bacon for a while due to all the additives, but you've inspired me to have another look in Markies, thank you.

As for ghee/clarified butter, I do my own. It's very easy, lots of videos on the net for it, and just becomes part of the routine (and feels more accomplished than it actually is!). And I just checked the price in Real Foods and you can make it for about one third of the price.....

Kirsteen- been off bacon for a while due to all the additives, but you've inspired me to have another look in Markies, thank you.

As for ghee/clarified butter, I do my own. It's very easy, lots of videos on the net for it, and just becomes part of the routine (and feels more accomplished than it actually is!). And I just checked the price in Real Foods and you can make it for about one third of the price.....

So true. I have paid $13 for 7.5 oz and it costs me $5.98 to make my own from Kerrygold and I get a hair under 16oz. Plus it's a kick in the pants to make. :0)

Sweet potatoes are offered up as the rx for a lot of what ails the w30er.... PMS...sweet potato, low energy...sweet potato, bunions...sweet potato (ok, I totally made that one up) but it really is a magical starchy carb.

Thank you everyone. I'm going through our larders now and am being sent into a tailspin;

organic canned tomatoes has citric acid in it, is that allowed as it's supposed to be natural

oh my good god, i have just managed to find coconut milk at Waitrose that has nothing in it, woo hoo, but how much stuff do they put in there. i had to hunt for that, everywhere else I looked had a list of about 10 ingredients, in coconut milk!

Archived