Not Eating Enough

McKayla

Hi everyone! 

I am on day 5 of the Whole30 and I am struggling a little bit. I haven't had any cravings (knock on wood), but I am super hungry. I do not think that I am eating enough, but I am not sure what I need to incorporate and how much more I need to incorporate. I started training for a half marathon two weeks ago, so I do not know if that has anything to do with my hunger, but I always make sure to have my pre and post workout meals. I should note that I am out of shape, so these past two weeks have just involved 1-1.5 miles runs and some weight training, nothing too crazy. I would love to stick with the Whole30 and I want a better relationship with food so any suggestions would be very helpful. I have been cooking with olive oil for each of my meals, but I am not sure if that counts as my fats. 

Here is what I ate the past few days:

Breakfast- Omelet with 4 eggs, 2 cup of kale and 1/2 cups of green peppers, 1/2 sweet potato, and a mini sausage. ( I was so full this meal and I couldn't even finish everything and my fullness lasted awhile!)

Lunch- 2 chicken tenderloins, 1/3 avocado, 2 cups of mixed veggies

Dinner- Salad (2 cups of veggies), 1/2 sweet potato, 2 hard-boiled eggs.

Hope you guys can help! 

• Moderators

Hi McKayla,

Your Meal 1 looks great! For Meal 2, I'd add another tenderloin and make it at least 1/2 avocado (or add another fat, like a few olives). 

Meal 3 - Did you include a fat in this meal? Ghee on your baked potato, olive oil in your dressing, a few nuts tossed in your salad ... See the Meal Template for more ideas.  If your salad includes greens, it needs to be pretty big - like mixing bowl big. When eggs are your protein source we recommend the number of eggs you can hold in one hand - for most this is 3 or 4 eggs. 

Try these couple of tweaks and let us know how it goes.

Archived