Looking for Breakfast Recipes

Sue Dawn

• Moderators

I've edited your post title to be more descriptive of what you're looking for than your name and moved your post from resources to the cooking forum.  Breakfast can be anything you would eat at any other meal on a Whole30... there are recipe threads, cooking threads, meal planning threads etc... on the forum... have a look around.

I tend to like easy to reheat or eat cold things in the morning because I don't have time to cook anything really most mornings. So these frittatas from Nom Nom Paleo (Michelle has a great recipe roundup for Whole30 here) or these salmon cakes from Well Fed 2 with some microwave frozen veggies on the side (Mel's Whole30 recipes). Or just leftovers from dinner or lunch prep works too.

On 1/5/2018 at 8:44 PM, Sue Dawn said:

I will be starting Whole30 on Monday. I could use some breakfast recipes - where would I find them?

Thank you,

S

I've been making a big egg frittata on Sunday and portioning it out for the week. Scramble a dozen eggs and add to a pyrex dish greased with coconut oil. Then add whatever veggies (don't skimp here!) and cooked protein you want. Bake in the oven at 400 degrees until it firms up/browns on the top a little. I add a piece to a big bed of greens and add half an avocado - so fast and delicious. And you can do different combos and flavors each week so you won't get bored! 

22 hours ago, laura_juggles said:

There's no need to replace the sesame oil as long as it doesn't have any non-compliant additives.

Suggested to limit the use of it and others at home and choose healthier ones so I skipped it.

Also read if used we should use them cold because when heated they oxidize and act like other vegetable oils.

The sesame oil's added at the end for flavor, so I wouldn't even really see the need to replace it with coconut oil...and it's 2tbsp for 5 servings which isn't like making a salad dressing out of it. Totally up to you to decide, though. 

I just wanted to make it clear that you're not required to swap out the sesame oil. A tiny bit of it adds a lot of great flavor and it is compliant. 

Archived