Hi everyone! This is my first whole30 and my start day was January 2 . So this is day 4 for me!  Today I am the queen of the struggle bus! Man alive are these cravings for dairy and sugar intense!!! I also can’t remember the last time I was so moody. I teared up looking in the fridge last night because I couldn’t have cheese. I feel SO uncomfortable and like I just want to crawl out of my skin! 

I’ve read that week 1 can be bad and weeks 2-3 are when the “tiger blood” flows. Damn I hope this is true! 

Im worry that 

1. I’ll feel this way the whole whole30 

2. I wont loose weight the way other people seem to with this change

And while weight loss isn’t my sole goal - if I don’t lose weight and I’m miserable the whole time I will really  feel like this was for nothing and that just makes me mad and sad! 

So I guess I’m looking for some reassurance that the scale will budge, I can/will feel better and this “on edge” feeling will subside. 

Please don't give up. This will pass trust me. Just think of it this way, The reason the book talks about those first week issues is because they are real, and many of us are going through the same thing. I hope the scale moves for you but just keep in mind that if it does not you WILL feel so much better cleaning your body of the stuff it was never meant for in the first place.

You are learning a better way to eat and even if you never do Whole30 again (which I hope you will) I bet you will pay a little more attention to labels.

I can't believe no one responded in an hour. I sure do hope I caught ya in time. HUGS and hang in there!

• Moderators
17 hours ago, Rmbdk said:

Hi everyone! This is my first whole30 and my start day was January 2 . So this is day 4 for me!  Today I am the queen of the struggle bus! Man alive are these cravings for dairy and sugar intense!!! I also can’t remember the last time I was so moody. I teared up looking in the fridge last night because I couldn’t have cheese. I feel SO uncomfortable and like I just want to crawl out of my skin! 

I’ve read that week 1 can be bad and weeks 2-3 are when the “tiger blood” flows. Damn I hope this is true! 

Im worry that 

1. I’ll feel this way the whole whole30 

2. I wont loose weight the way other people seem to with this change

And while weight loss isn’t my sole goal - if I don’t lose weight and I’m miserable the whole time I will really  feel like this was for nothing and that just makes me mad and sad! 

So I guess I’m looking for some reassurance that the scale will budge, I can/will feel better and this “on edge” feeling will subside. 

You won't be miserable the whole time but maybe take a look at the Non Scale Victories pdf (google Whiole30 non scale victories pdf' and see if you can't find some other markers that you might like to monitor during the program instead of weightloss.  We can't give you reassurance that the scale will budge... weightloss is not linear, it's not calories in vs calories out and this isn't a weight loss diet, it's an elimination protocol designed to help you change your relationship with food and find out how many common inflammatory foods affect you personally... I don't think that's 'for nothing' :)

Archived