On Day 2 and CONSTANTLY Hungry!

ToniBaloney

Hi All! I started on 1/3 and I have to say I'm surprised at how HUNGRY I am all the time. I'm staying away from everything off plan and am eating until I feel comfortably full. But it just seems, without fail, that I'm freaking ravenous within 1 to 2 hours. Did anyone else feel like this? I feel like I'm eating more now than I did before. Am I doing something wrong? I want to succeed, but if I'm worried that I will be miserable and hungry the whole 30 days if I'm constantly dealing with nagging hunger. Any advice appreciated!

• Moderators

You definitely shouldn't be hungry all the time. If you want specific feedback based on your meals, please list a day or two of what you've been eating, including approximate serving sizes as it relates to the meal template, as well as if you work out and what kinds of pre- or post-workout food you have when you do.

In general, people are often surprised at the amount of food they can eat on this plan, and often find they are under-eating, and especially that they aren't eating enough fat. Your meals should each contain: one to two palm-sized portions of protein, the length, width, and height of your palm, or if eggs are your only protein, have as many whole eggs as you can hold in one hand, which is likely 3-4; one to two thumb-sized portions of fat, or half to a whole avocado, or a heaping handful or two of olives or coconut flakes, or a third to a half a can of coconut milk, or a handful of nuts or seeds -- and these generally are in addition to the oil you cook in as much of that will stay in the pan and not be eaten, and it can be divided among multiple servings if you cook multiple servings at a time; and then fill your plate with vegetables, so bare minimum a cup of a cup of vegetables at each meal, but really more like 2-3 cups of vegetables. Most people find they do well with about one fist-sized serving of starchy vegetable each day  (like potato, sweet potato, root vegetables like beets or turnips or carrots or parsnips, or winter squashes like butternut or acorn squash), and people who are very active, who are prone to depression or anxiety, or women who are pregnant, breastfeeding, or in the week or so leading up to their period often need more. 

In addition to the food, make sure you're drinking plenty of water (aim for 1/2 oz per pound of body weight, so a 120 lb person needs at least 60 oz), and be sure you salt your food.

Archived