Template question

Hi! Just curious- if im not working out one day, I do not need the post workout meal (low fat protein and a starchy veggie carb, correct?) - so on an off training day do I stick with 3 meals and no snacks? For example, 3 meals of half an avocado for fat 2-3 cups of green veggies and a palm size of protein?  Just making sure I got this right and I don’t need to worry about the no carbs on off days? It seems the only carbs I’m getting on training days is a serving of potato or sweet potato.  Thanks!

• Moderators

You don't need pre- or post-workout meals on days you don't work out, correct.

Carby vegetables are still vegetables, so you can have them with any meal, if you want. Most people do well with a fist-sized serving of starchy vegetable each day. People who are active, who are prone to depression or anxiety, or women who are nursing, pregnant, or in the week or so leading up to their period often need more.  Some people choose to go even lower carb, but there's no reason you have to. Just be sure you're getting a variety of vegetables over time and don't worry too much about it, unless you're not feeling good, and then you could list specific meals and get some feedback if you wanted to.

Archived