All Day Event with Food Provided

Hi everyone!

I am excited to participate in the Distinguished Young Women competition tomorrow! However, I am also extremely nervous. I will be there from 8:30am-6:30pm, moving around, blocking on stage, etc. Of course they will be providing lunch and snacks, but I have no clue how Whole30 compliant they are going to be. At first I thought about bringing my own lunch and an emergency RX Bar, but it just seems kind of obnoxious showing up with my own food. Especially because it's not because of allergies or medical reasons, as I'm on the Whole30 by choice. Do I eat a very big breakfast and pray I find something compliant? Maybe still bring the bar just in case? Any advice/reassurance would be very much appreciated, thanks!

• Moderators

It's not obnoxious to take care of yourself. People have all kinds of reasons they might bring food, and especially being January, when people tend to start new diets and be very gung-ho about them still, there will probably be other people who bring food.  Even if there are not, even if for some reason you are absolutely the only person to bring food in, you are absolutely worth that amount of self care and should not feel embarrassed about it.

I would eat a large breakfast, just because often in these type of events, you can get distracted and easily forget to eat, but I would also go ahead and bring lunch and a snack. More than likely no one will say a word about what you're eating, but if they ask, you can just say you're trying an elimination diet to determine how certain foods affect you, and then change the subject. 

Archived