Project phoenix

kittycat

Hey MrsKT, thanks for asking!

Still hanging in there - enjoying my food and being compliant. I am eating a whole lot and also a lot of good fats, so I loose weight rather slowly, but I have heaps of energy all the time and it might even be better if I lose it slowly. I guess at some point I just got bored with posting my food ;)

I'm actually at LAX right now and waiting for my flight. I'll be back in the states on the 29th.

I feel pretty good, doing my exercise (yoga, climbing, running), working and enjoying my social life - I have a new crush and this is very exciting and promising, as it seems to be on both sides ;)

I get into better shape by the day, and I am glad that I chose the W100 because it is D29 already, and I can't believe it.

This might read awkward for some of the W30ers who are glad when they are done with the challenge for now, but I know this is my real chance to end the reign of the sugar dragon forever, so I am happy to continue.

To be honest, right now I don't really crave a single thing. I could enjoy a glass of wine or piece of dark chocolate, yes, but I also know that I tend to go overboard with all the stuff that I am now avoiding and so I stay on the safe side for now and have none of it for 100 days.

I'm also bringing home a copy of ISWF for my mum.

So, this one has stayed: I should take care of getting more sleep, but my life is just too exciting and enjoyable right now. And I guess _that_ is the number one luxury problem if I've ever heard one :)

Ladies and gents, hang in there, we're rolling pretty good!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm, so, on D31 I stepped onto the scale at my parents' house - and got off rather disappointed.

I'm not losing weight.

I do feel most of the other benefits of W30, but as weight is the one factor that is affecting me most psychologically, this one is hard to dig. And I'm not talking about fat turning into muscle - I have always had a lot of muscle and have always exercised a lot.

I would have felt it in my clothes had I lost more weight, but I already knew it could not have been too much, and just confirmed that feeling. So, I know that I have excess weight, period. I can see and feel proper 3 inch of belly fat around my waist that I would like to see shrinking to feel better, plus roughly similar amounts around thighs, butt, arms, etc.

I must admit that I was very close to good old frustrated binging as a reply... very close.

Well, read through trouble-shooting sections again. I've done it before, yes, but still. I'm not giving up.

Most important issue for the next 30 days is to sleep enough and check how that influences me.

Second most important issue is to eat slowly and feel inside my body (but I think I already do that).

D33: Germany is ok in supporting this way of eating, my parents are supportive, and I gave the book to my mum.

Still frustrated.

• 2 weeks later...

Another week later, still with serious jetlag from Germany. Tummy gone crazy after all the back and forth time changes, but well, that's how it goes. keep rocking, I'd say, love your body and take good care of it. Did I ever say that I feel in love with Swiss chard? great stuff.

Ok, D42, after derailment with quantities and SWYPO etc. last weekend at home (because family was "trying to do me good") and suffering from it the past days on top of jetlag etc., I had also overdone it with coffee to help me over the jetlag.

Today I am finally feeling much better.

No bloated feeling anymore, and in fact I am grateful that my body reacts so strongly now to things that don't do him good.

A lot of energy, went for a morning run and had a great tuna-veggie wrap for breakfast - yummm :)

I also have a new bed now, with a real mattress for a change, and I sleep _so_ good!

I have at least managed to keep the promise that I gave myself before going on the Germany trip, which was sleep at least 7h per night, come hell or highwater. And I did. And I will keep doing this, it helps me a lot.

So, goals for the next weeks: Keep sleeping enough and be careful with nuts. Way to go.

• 4 years later...

A new round - it is about time. Silence for 4.5 years on this platform. I had done another round in between, offline. Trying to stay off the computer a little more, which is one of the reasons, but I think it might help to log it online again, just for support. Starting today :)

First day gone well, on to day two. Got a bit hungry before bed, and have been drinking water like crazy (I usually already drink about 3 liters per day, now it's more like 4) - my body wanted and wants it.

I am experiencing a bit of bad breath today but it's ok. I should probably carry a toothbrush and tongue scraper in my bag for the next week or so.

Started over on day two because I realized I had something non-compliant on day 1 - peanut butter.

First day:
Breakkie eggs over easy & compliant bacon, avocado, black coffee.
Lunch smoked salmon and kale salad with pine nuts.
Dinner sauerkraut and other half of smoked salmon plus half a grapefruit, kale juice.
Felt good, especially after hot yoga in the evening. Need to do some meal prepping.

Second day:
Breakkie eggs & bacon & carrots & onions, black coffee with cinnamon.
Lunch planned: String beans, tuna, potatoes

Second day lunch turned into prosciutto and avocado on romaine salad, green veggie juice afterwards.
Dinner: steak, red cabbage, string beans with tomato sauce.
Lots of herbal tea.

Already got first compliments by my partner that I look all tight and lean and strong like when I come back from a mountain trip. I guess that means I left the sluggishness of the new year's celebration indulgments behind me.
My skin is breaking out a little, guess that's a side effect of detoxing at this stage.

Third day breakfast: scrambled eggs, prosciutto, half an apple, black coffee.
I feel strong and committed and will have a Skype call later with a good friend who is also doing Whole 30 right now.

Third day lunch: chicken stew with carrots and onions and potato (made by my awesome partner)
Snack: boiled shrimp (skipped the cocktail sauce my friends were dipping them into, was interesting how satisfied I felt after 5 shrimps without the artificial sauce)
Dinner: puled pork and coleslaw, little cup of mango and strawberries
I feel GREAT.

Fourth day:
Breakfast made by awesome partner: Scrambled egg, avocado, liver paté, half apple, coffee
- CHECKED LABEL AFTER BREAKFAST: Liver paté was a no-go (sugar in there...), restarting day count.
Lunch: sardine-avocado mash, carrots
Dinner: a little leftover chicken stew
Snack: prosciutto, half apple, walnuts

I feel really good - I had a much harder time during my earlier whole 30s. Maybe it means i wasn't that far off then :) 
Also re-reading "It Starts With Food" right now - it is always a good reminder of why I am doing this, and so I can explain the details better to friends when they ask.

Day one (again ;) but I can't be mad at awesome partner because he didn't know or think of checking the label either - my responsibility):
Breakfast: 3 eggs over easy, half avocado, two slices of prosciutto, mushrooms with spinach and onion (I scarfed it down because we needed to leave, overate a little bit)

Lunch: Tuna with olive oil & balsamiq on romaine, tomato soup, red cabbage

Dinner: Coconut meat tortilla filled with raw vegetables and nut butter with tomato salsa, sashimi, herbal tonic, green veggie juice

Day 2

Breakfast: Half a baked sweet potato with almond butter, green veggie juice, and half a Fuji apple - I know I should’ve had more protein but I was stuffed… and there’ll be big time protein for lunch & dinner.

My tastebuds have adjusted surprisingly quickly this time - that apple tasted so sweet it was ridiculous!

Lunch: chicken stew
HIIT butt workout
Dinner: pulled pork & cole slaw

Day 3:
Breakfast: eggs over easy, avocado, prosciutto, mushrooms & spinach
Workout: hilly run, HIIT abs workout
Lunch: beef with homemade chimmichurri sauce (olive oil, garlic, cilantro, red pepper flakes), pommegranate
Eve: grilled veggies, salad, prosciutto, pommegranate, walnuts

Day 4, Jan 15 (been skipping around loosing track in between my notepad and this forum, but wanted to document all meals):
Breakfast: black coffee, sweet potato with mayo, avocado, black olives, red cabbage, spoon of almond butter (I know, trying to make up for protein, need to stash at other apartment - the bliss of going back and forth between places...)
Lunch: grilled mushrooms, brussel sprouts, steamed salmon, artichokes and bell peppers in olive oil

• 2 weeks later...

10 days later, still on it :)

Also been so busy at work and having such long days that I don't want to spend any more time on the computer than I have to, so I'll just keep logging food for myself ;) 

Energy levels are super high, no afternoon slumps, just re-read the scienc-y chapters of "It Starts With Food" yesterday, so on it with renewed motivation.
I have noticed that I can go way longer without food and not get hungry. And it takes a very long time until I get 'hangry' - a state which I try to avoid anyways.
Restaurants have been good so far; with the experience of previous cleanses it is easier.
The only thing I find a bit harder are dinner invitations to other people's homes because I don't want to make 'a fuss'. However, friends are very cooperative so far ;) 

Archived