Coconut breaded chicken fine?

BlueFountain

So first time trying Whole 30 and I know the ingredients required are fine, but not sure if the process counts as fine.  Basically chicken dipped in eggs, then coconut flour (pure coconut) fried in coconut oil (can be baked too though, if the last bit is not okay but the rest is).

Mainly wondering because I saw some examples like alternative pizza crust isn't okay, neither would be pancakes made with bananas and eggs despite both ingredients being Whole 30 fine.

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, BlueFountain said:

So first time trying Whole 30 and I know the ingredients required are fine, but not sure if the process counts as fine.  Basically chicken dipped in eggs, then coconut flour (pure coconut) fried in coconut oil (can be baked too though, if the last bit is not okay but the rest is).

Mainly wondering because I saw some examples like alternative pizza crust isn't okay, neither would be pancakes made with bananas and eggs despite both ingredients being Whole 30 fine.

This would be fine unless you have some sort of psychological attachment to breaded chicken.  If so, then altho this would be okay, you'd be best to steer clear.  The pizza crust and pancakes fall under no recreating baked goods so regardless of your personal issue or non issue with them, they would be out.

Archived