Bread Machine

Joey

So, someone wonderful gave us a bread machine. While they meant well ("You can make your paleo bread in it!"), they don't know about the concept of SWYPO. Before we drop it off at Goodwill, I'm wondering if there are any secret compliant things you can make in a bread machine. Has anyone else been in this situation and learned anything wonderful?

Thanks, guys- I did Google before I asked and got great news! Not only is a bread machine useful for making bread, it'suseful for making... cake!

So I'll try Craigslist but bread machines are kind of a dime a dozen. Lots of folks in my situation, maybe. If it doesn't move in two weeks it's being evicted.

Thought it was worth a shot, though- I was hoping someone was going to tell me how to cook a steak in this thing!

I'm not sure where you are either, but in my neck of the woods the hospital has a house for the families of pediatric patients from out of town so they can be close to their child while he/she is receiving treatment. The house is available at no cost to the families and they are always looking for donations of household goods and food. Even if they can't use it, they can then donate or trade with another local agency for something they need. Just a thought...

• 2 months later...

Joey,

You mean to tell me I'm not the only one in this predicament? I, too, have been searching the interweb to see what (if any) Paleo dishes/food could be prepared in a bread machine after receiving one as a (thoughtful, albeit useless to me) gift. Looks like I'll be donating mine as well! Before we send them off, should we at least attempt to somehow cook a tasty Paleo meal in them? Nah, I hear the grill calling ;)

If you have a Bed Bath and Beyond near you -- my experience with them is that they will exchange anything. Even ifnyiundisnt buy it there. They must sell bread machines-- maybe you could exchange it for an immersion blender or a crockpot.

Archived