Started January 3rd - Am I doing this right?

stljlk

I started on Wednesday January 3rd, 2018.  So far everything is going well.  I have my husband and three friends that have joined me in this effort.  I'm 53 year white male with a belly.  I have had so many aches and pains and carry at least 40 extra pounds for some time now. I'm starting day 6 and have not had any of the side effects mentioned in the timeline other than a possible slight headache.  I have experimented with a lot of recipes already and they have been delicious.  I'm reading labels and have been checking the forum.  I have a couple questions that I have found partial answers but i don't think I have clear answer:  Can I take my regarding my vegan multi-vitamin (Solaray) which I love and truly feel a difference?  It's 3rd and final ingredient says lecithin (soy). It seems the benefits of the multi would far outweight what the soy lecithin that could be in this capsule.  Second I'm looking for a clearer answer on a Mocktail (virgin cocktail).  I have a lot of social events and looking for a substitute for booze.  Is a La Croix sparkling water okay with a splash of juice like Pom?  I think I am good but the comments on juices are confusing in the book. 

Hey stljlk! Congrats on Day 6; that's awesome! And great that you're not having any of the unpleasant side effects AND you are surrounded with a support group! I've got a couple of years and a couple of pounds on you. Don't think I can do anything about the years but I'm working on the pounds; today is Day 36 for me. What can I say, I'm a slow learner so I'm doing a W60 this time. 30 days isn't enough time for me to really get comfortable with a new habit.

Soy lecithin makes your multi a "no". Mine has rice flour so I just look longingly at the bottle for the duration. Can't take my Vit D either but my Mg is compliant. I've looked at compliant vitamins but it really jacks up the price :(  I just read a comment from one of the moderators this morning talking about added juice. The rule of thumb  was that as long as it was no more than 5-10% of the drink it was OK; so really just a splash. Make sure your juice is complaint, too- no added sugar, honey, artificial sweeteners, etc. I've done La Croix w a squeeze of lime but the La Croix has a weird aftertaste to me so lately I've just been using club soda & lime. I love Hint water but it's not sparkling. I wonder if I could put it in my soda stream??? Hmmm...

Archived