flavored k cups??

dbormss

OMG i am only into my first week of whole30 and realized that my hazelnut kcups have "natural and artificial flavors" - i had the cups in my storage container and didnt have the box anymore and didnt even think of looking it up. do i need to restart?? 

• Administrators

Some of them are fake. Some aren't. In tea, for instance, if they use a flavour which is not noted to be present in the tea, tgey have to list artificial. Example, if a pear ginger tea also has mango flavour in the concoction, that is listed as artificial. 

It's up to you if you consume them or not.

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, ladyshanny said:

Some of them are fake. Some aren't. In tea, for instance, if they use a flavour which is not noted to be present in the tea, they have to list artificial. Example, if a pear ginger tea also has mango flavour in the concoction, that is listed as artificial. 

It's up to you if you consume them or not.

Turns out that for the life of me I can't find the documentation that I read that made me understand the above to be true. Maybe i dreamt it. What I did find was this excellent article that basically says don't discount "artificial" in favour of "natural" because one is not necessarily better than the other. Regardless, both are fine for consumption on Whole30.

http://www.seriouseats.com/2014/04/what-is-the-difference-between-natural-and-artificial-flavors.html

Archived