Whole30 to lose 30 by my 30th

30DownBy30

Hi everyone,

I just read It Starts with Food today (thanks to the new Kindle Santa brought me). I cannot recount all the lose weight/feel better strategies I've tried over the past year. Now, it makes sense they all failed, as they were based on flawed logic.

Anyway, I'll be starting the Whole30 on January 1st and I thought I'd publish my wishlist to keep me motivated and accountable. I'm taking the Whole30 challenge for:

1. weight loss (hence the user handle). I'm the heaviest I've ever been
  2. autoimmune disorder improvement
  3. migraine reduction
  4. neck pain
  5. energy (I've inexplicably felt half-asleep for months)
  6. sense of control
  7. skin clarity

I like the idea of joining a community of people going through, and who have gone through, the same thing. And - people who have succeeded. I know I need to plan to succeed and I'm sure this forum will keep me on track! There should be a forum app, since I'm always on my phone, and not always on my computer...

I'm going to enjoy New Year's Festivities, then I'm excited to begin the challenge.

Meg

Hi everyone,

I just read It Starts with Food today (thanks to the new Kindle Santa brought me). I cannot recount all the lose weight/feel better strategies I've tried over the past year. Now, it makes sense they all failed, as they were based on flawed logic.

Anyway, I'll be starting the Whole30 on January 1st and I thought I'd publish my wishlist to keep me motivated and accountable. I'm taking the Whole30 challenge for:

1. weight loss (hence the user handle). I'm the heaviest I've ever been
  2. autoimmune disorder improvement
  3. migraine reduction
  4. neck pain
  5. energy (I've inexplicably felt half-asleep for months)
  6. sense of control
  7. skin clarity

I like the idea of joining a community of people going through, and who have gone through, the same thing. And - people who have succeeded. I know I need to plan to succeed and I'm sure this forum will keep me on track! There should be a forum app, since I'm always on my phone, and not always on my computer...

I'm going to enjoy New Year's Festivities, then I'm excited to begin the challenge.

Meg

There is a forum app. It's called Tapatalk. I am using it on my Kindle tablet right now. :)

This is not a weight loss program. In fact, it shouldn't be your primary goal. Good health gotten by eating good foods should come first. The weight loss will be gravy.

Thanks for the support, all!

I know weight loss shouldn't be my top goal.. but literally my clothes don't fit. And I've been "curvy" to begin with. Now I'm just physically uncomfortable :/

Happy New Year to everyone!

Additionally, I recently join a gym where they offer Les Mills classes.

I wonder if anyone here is familiar with Sh'Bam, Body Pump, Body Combat, etc. It's fun! For the first time since high school sports, fitness is again undermined by fun and socializing :D. Thanks to large group fitness classes, and my Xbox Kinect :P

I am on to download Tapatalk!

Thanks again for your kindness.

Archived