Infertility and Whole30

Murika12

My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for a year and a half. We're both young and healthy and my cycles are very regular.Today we went to the chiropractor to try to get some answers and the first thing she told us is that we needed to "clean up our diet". We've always been "healthy"-not eating out, having at least a few veggies a day, not eating tons of junk food, etc; but definitely have some processed food in our lives. Her words were encouraging to me, because I had just purchased the Whole30 book a week ago and was wanting to try it! But I've also looked online and a lot of foods that some suggest I should be consuming, are in the Whole30 rules under "do not eat". (Such as beans and dairy). So now I'm not sure what to do! Any advice? Has anyone had infertility problems and seen improvement while on Whole30? Thank you!

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Murika12 said:

My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for a year and a half. We're both young and healthy and my cycles are very regular.Today we went to the chiropractor to try to get some answers and the first thing she told us is that we needed to "clean up our diet". We've always been "healthy"-not eating out, having at least a few veggies a day, not eating tons of junk food, etc; but definitely have some processed food in our lives. Her words were encouraging to me, because I had just purchased the Whole30 book a week ago and was wanting to try it! But I've also looked online and a lot of foods that some suggest I should be consuming, are in the Whole30 rules under "do not eat". (Such as beans and dairy). So now I'm not sure what to do! Any advice? Has anyone had infertility problems and seen improvement while on Whole30? Thank you!

Have a look through the Ladies Only forum here where you posted, the pregnancy forum and the success stories forum and you'll see many many posts and threads about Whole30 helping improve hormone function which could in turn fascilitate easier conception.  That said, the dairy and beans being out are for 30 days, not forever... this is an elimination protocol designed for you to determine how certain inflammatory foods affect your body, so if you do the Whole30, test the foods and find they're okay for you, then go ahead and add them back in.  That said, dairy and beans don't really have any nutrients that are special or not more bioavailable from animal protein, a variety of veggies and fruits and healthy fats so it's not like there's a huge nutritional gap when you don't eat them (for 30 days or forever)

Archived