Really bad Sinus Headaches

Hi there,

I am on day 8. I woke up today feeling really bad. My head kills and I have ringing in my ears. My sinuses are really bothering me. I feel thirsty and tired. However I am not feeling achey or anything.  I am wondering if I am doing something wrong.  Last night was my first night out in a restaurant since starting whole 30. I asked all of the right questions and I thought all was good. But now wondering if something got snuck in there under the radar.

I am egg sensitive and pescetarian. So I'm doing the best I can but here is what has been my typical eating habbits so far:

Normally for breakfast I eat a pumpkin custard which is pumpkin puree with sunflower butter, chia seeds and coconut milk. Or a Green smoothie with coconut milk or, if I'm in a rush, an apple with sunflower butter.

Lunch - typically a salad with all kinds of veggies and some tuna fish from the salad bar at my work. I make the regular dressing or the ranch dressing from the book.  Or I heat up left overs from dinner the night before

Dinner looks something like a salmon fillet with veggies. Or Shrimp with Zoodles, I've also been eating the Cold Thai Salad from the book because it's great on the go.

Snacks:  I usually am pretty satisfied with meals, but I make kale chips to snack on. And some baby carrots with sunbutter around.

I feel really gross and just want to feel better.

thanks for your help!

• Administrators

Chances are you're just coming down with something as it is cold and flu season. Ringing in ears wouldn't be a symptom of eating protein, veggies and fats unless you're eating something you are allergic to.

That all said, the pumpkin custard you are eating for breakfast is not permitted - it's a remaking of non compliant foods besides not having any protein. The smoothie is also extremely frowned upon. An apple with nut/seed butter is also frowned upon as a meal.  

It's possible that you're feeling rundown because you aren't eating enough overall.  Even pescetarians need to be eating template meals three times a day. That's a proper serving of protein (1-2 palms or equivalent), veggies both starchy and non and fat. Fruits are not meant to be eaten on their own, they should be part of your meal.

Thanks so much for your reply.  What do you recommend for breakfast since I can't eat eggs. I have the book and all i can find for breakfast are egg recipes.

I guess I might not be eating enough. I will try and plan a better "template" meal.  But breakfast seems to be the most challenging. As I need something on-the-go because of my job.

thanks again for your help :)

• Moderators
26 minutes ago, KerryLovesVeggies said:

Thanks so much for your reply.  What do you recommend for breakfast since I can't eat eggs. I have the book and all i can find for breakfast are egg recipes.

I guess I might not be eating enough. I will try and plan a better "template" meal.  But breakfast seems to be the most challenging. As I need something on-the-go because of my job.

thanks again for your help :)

Anything you eat for any other meal you can eat for breakfast so... cold grilled fish from the night before?  Prawns sauteed in sesame oil over veggies?  There are a LOT of people who cannot eat eggs...

Archived