Turkey Bone Broth...one issue?

muhdeeco

My fiancé and I started doing the Whole30 yesterday. We’ve gotten in the habit of freezing leftover turkey/chicken/beef bones so that we can make soups and bone broths with them. 

A few weeks ago we roasted a Turkey (we have two or three chickens too), but we used a little butter. I feel like there should be an obvious answer, but I’m not entirely sure. Can we not use any of these, especially the turkey, if we strip everything and cook down the bones for a broth?

• Moderators
25 minutes ago, muhdeeco said:

My fiancé and I started doing the Whole30 yesterday. We’ve gotten in the habit of freezing leftover turkey/chicken/beef bones so that we can make soups and bone broths with them. 

A few weeks ago we roasted a Turkey (we have two or three chickens too), but we used a little butter. I feel like there should be an obvious answer, but I’m not entirely sure. Can we not use any of these, especially the turkey, if we strip everything and cook down the bones for a broth?

If you roasted the birds with a butter rub or with butter inside or anywhere on it, then the resulting carcass would not be approved for Whole30 as dairy is an extremely prevalent gut disruptor.  Save it for after your Whole30

Archived