Am I eating too much fat in one meal???

rhoades_m

Hello - I am on day three and currently not feeling any symptons (Knock on wood!!!) but I am concerned I might be eating too much fat in one of my favorite meals - please be honest with me as I dont want it to be a continued slip up 

Meal - Shrimp Avocado Salad 

Romaine Lettuce 

Shrimp Salad (made with 1 tbs primal kitchen mayo, celery, salt, pepper)

2 hardboiled eggs

cherry tomatoes 

1/2 avocado 

2 Tbs of Primal Kitchen Greek Goddess dressing 

I think i went way over the fat amount - let me know your thoughts! 

• Moderators

It's entirely up to you how you feel... note how you feel 2 hours, 4 hours, 6 hours after your meal... if you're hungry around 4-5 hours, then it was perfect.. if you are not hungry, it might be too much but honestly, it's probably just fine... sounds delish!

One of the hardest mindset shift for people new to Whole30 is accepting fat isn't "bad", but in fact, our bodies really need it! Your meal sounds yummy, and as long as you are feeling physically good, it's not too much fat. Also, the amount of fat in each meal will vary, just make sure you are always getting at least the amount recommended on the meal template. Meals like yours, which require a fat source to bind the salad together, will usually be on the higher side, and that's perfectly okay:)

• 4 weeks later...

I’m having trouble with fat too! Just followed a recipe for 4 scrambled eggs with 2tbl of fat. Used 6 eggs and olive oil. Eggs were greasy and not delicious. Hesitant to use ghee as my cholesterol is very high. I’ve scrambled eggs before with oil but just used a little bit. Advice. New to forum so didn’t know whether to start new topic or add to this thread. 

First off the myth that dietary cholesterol effects blood cholesterol has long since been de-bunked.

Secondly, I don't think eggs scrambled with olive oil would ever taste good regardless of how little or how much olive oil you used :wacko:

Try the ghee.

Or scramble with a little water & add a different fat source to your plate.

I appreciated the info about dietary cholesterol negatively impacting blood cholesterol is a myth that has been debunked.

But Sorry, I have to chime in and beg to differ that olive oil in scrambled eggs, or frankly to fry eggs any style doesn't taste good...!? :/(

I use olive oil for scrambled and fried eggs probably 99% of the time, and I don't think it tastes bad at all. I actually find the taste to be negligible, if anything. Olive oil is my go-to staple. I use it in just about everything. Very few exceptions for butter, coconut oil, or anything else ... and I'm kind of new to Ghee, but it seems decent enough alternative to full-on butter!

Seems more likely that you overdid the amount of oil to eggs for them to be that noticeably greasy, although 6 eggs is a pretty good amount. But if you found them greasy, I would just scale back to 1tbsp next time. Also, what kind of olive oil was it... an extra virgin or cold-pressed olive oil, or a lighter version..??, because I would say that could definitely impact the richness of flavor and/or consistency. Anyway my point being, taste is really subjective. But quantities or ratios can always be adjusted to taste, or with trial and error..

Archived