Dang Coconut chips

Dawg

• 1 month later...

So, I'm a little confused on this topic. I totally understand that store-bought chips of any kind are not allowed. However, I wonder if this is more a naming convention issue. I have a bag of coconut chips that I bought from Thrive Market. The ingredients are compliant and they are not chip-like at all. They are just chipped pieces of coconut. So larger (but still very small, like smaller than a fingernail) than shredded coconut, but essentially the same thing.

I simply find these easier to eat than the shredded coconut, which tends to get a little mushy. They are not food without breaks for me. They are just a way for me to get fat into my meals, which is something I've struggled with. 

What do you think? Compliant or not?

• Administrators
48 minutes ago, kirbz said:

So, I'm a little confused on this topic. I totally understand that store-bought chips of any kind are not allowed. However, I wonder if this is more a naming convention issue. I have a bag of coconut chips that I bought from Thrive Market. The ingredients are compliant and they are not chip-like at all. They are just chipped pieces of coconut. So larger (but still very small, like smaller than a fingernail) than shredded coconut, but essentially the same thing.

I simply find these easier to eat than the shredded coconut, which tends to get a little mushy. They are not food without breaks for me. They are just a way for me to get fat into my meals, which is something I've struggled with. 

What do you think? Compliant or not?

If it's coconut flakes that are not otherwise baked/fried, then it's fine. If they are super toasty and crispy I would probably steer away. 

These are toasted.  It's similar to raw nuts vs. roasted and toasted coconut vs. raw-ish.  They're going to be sweeter because they're condensed by the toasting process. You probably wouldn't overdo with raw coconut oil which is a better way to get fat into your meals.

Archived