Compliance & Meal Template

Quick Fire

Is it OK to have just coffee and fruit for breakfast? Also, a website I was on has a few members suggesting that the meal template of veggies, protein and fat is only a "recommendation" and not a "rule". Therefore, it is not necessary to follow the meal template to be in compliance since it is only a suggestion. Now I'm confused. Help!!!

• Moderators

Technically you could eat bacon and almond butter for every meal and as long as those two things were compliant to the program, you would have done a Whole30.  Would we recommend that? Nope.  The rules are the backbone of the program and the recommendations (especially around the template and meal timing) are the magic.  Eat your first template meal within an hour of waking (protein, veggies, fat) and then every 4-5 hours after that for 3 meals of the day.  

As far as being on a website that is not this one, because we can't monitor everywhere, it's best to do as you did and check in here because the internet is the wild west and who knows what people are doing out there... eating bacon and almond butter for every meal probably ;)

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Quick Fire said:

Thank you so much for verifying! These people were getting pretty adamant about the meal template only being a recommendation and they "only have to follow it if they want to"! UGH! I need to get out of there! Appreciate you!

Yep, they're totally right but coffee and fruit for breakfast, bacon and almond butter for every meal, tons of nuts and Lara bars and fruit on its own and no fat (all things people honestly struggle with) isn't going to make them feel good... Tiger Blood is attracted to the template and following not only the rules but the recommendations too!  Stick around here, we got you :)

It makes me wonder why people are actually doing the Whole30.  When they have an attitude of "it's technically compliant, so there! neener neener neener!", it seems they just want to be able to claim some sort of street cred for being in the club of Whole30?  Clearly their actions are at odds with the spirit of the program.

Kirkor, it's ironic that you said their actions are clearly at odds with the spirit of the program. That's exactly what someone posted. That they were saying that arguing of "rules vs. recommendations" is like arguing over the letter of the law and the spirit of the law. I don't get it either. But we all have our own journey. My journey on that page is over. I'll stick around here and get some "tough love". Thanks to both of you. 

12 minutes ago, Quick Fire said:

Kirkor, it's ironic that you said their actions are clearly at odds with the spirit of the program. That's exactly what someone posted. That they were saying that arguing of "rules vs. recommendations" is like arguing over the letter of the law and the spirit of the law. I don't get it either. But we all have our own journey. My journey on that page is over. I'll stick around here and get some "tough love". Thanks to both of you. 

Good for you , Quick Fire, for thinking on your own and understanding that even though something is technically compliant, it's not necessarily in line with the point of the Whole30 program! I see soooo many posts on line just like the one you described. I'm not the Whole30 police so I don't engage with people like that. I walk my path and let them walk theirs. Best of luck on your journey! You got this!

Archived