Spicy Hula Pork Bowl delish!

Queenbeejo

Spicy Hula Pork Bowl. I couldn't find exactly what I wanted so I took what I liked from a few and winged it. The base is riced cauliflower, topped with pork, drizzled with a sweet and spicy sauce, sauteed peppers, browned pineapples and fresh cilantro. Wanted avocado too but it wasn't ripe. 

I used my pineapple corer over a large bowl to catch all the juice as I cored the pineapple. After I removed all the flesh I squeezed the shell and removed all the juice I could and set it aside.

Sauce: This is enough for four servings

1 Tablespoon Tapioca Starch (I wanted a thicker sauce, adjust to your liking)
¼ cup Coconut Aminos
1 Tablespoon Harissa
1 Cup Diced Pineapple
¼ cup Chicken Broth
2 Teaspoons Coconut Oil
2 Teaspoons Freshly Grated Ginger
4 Cloves Garlic minced
Reserved pineapple juice to adjust sweetness

Combine the coconut aminos, Harissa, pineapple, tapioca starch, and chicken broth in the bowl of a mini food processor. Pulse until smooth. Taste. If it is too hot, add some pineapple juice reserved when cutting.

In a small pot, heat the coconut oil over medium heat and add the garlic and ginger and sauté for 30 seconds.

Pour in the pineapple mixture and cook until the sauce reduces down a bit and thickens. Taste the sauce. If it is too hot, add more of the reserved pineapple juice.

I already had pulled pork from a few days ago and some riced cauliflower. I just needed some toppings.

In a large skillet, heat coconut oil over medium heat. Add peppers and sauté for 5 minutes or until soft. Remove from the heat and add the pineapple slices. Cook until slightly browned, about 1 minute.

To serve add riced cauliflower to a bowl, top with the pepper then the pork. Garnish with the pineapple rings, and cilantro. I wanted avocado but mine was not ripe. :-(

26219623_10214675895549562_5415630934296915726_n.jpg

Archived