My house smells so good

AmyS

I'm making up a batch of chocolate chili (Well Fed recipe). It's my second batch. I learned after making it the first time that I want to make it the day before serving or freezing. Also, I kept adding more spices to my individual serving bowls of the chili on my first batch, so this go-round I just doubled all the spices from the start. My chili powder isn't terribly picante/spicy, so doubling the amount just gives more of the flavor without adding heat (perfect for my taste buds).

I'm going to freeze half and take it to a potluck on New Year's Day. I expect it will be a huge hit. Also, I'll have something I can eat!!

It's amazing to have food that's this good that's so amazingly good for me.

AmyS- I have a freezer full too! I made mine after dinner one night and popped it in the slow cooker overnight. Worked a treat.

I eat mine with sweet potato fries (done in clarified butter in the oven, but it's fries to me!), and some greenery.

This is one of our staple winter recipes as well. Mmm chocolate chilli.

What do you serve yours with?

Spaghetti squash and avocado.

AmyS- I have a freezer full too! I made mine after dinner one night and popped it in the slow cooker overnight. Worked a treat.

I eat mine with sweet potato fries (done in clarified butter in the oven, but it's fries to me!), and some greenery.

Ilike the sweet potato fries idea too!

I made that chilli for my daughter when she was here for a week ( made it with cubed stewing steak). She's so sceptical about eating anything other than a standard carbaholic diet, yet she enjoyed it so much she didn't even notice she was eating cauliflower 'rice' with it :)

Archived