Nutpod problems (need substitute)

My husband and I are doing the Whole30 together. My husband is a coffee drinker, so I ordered him the nutpods. Unfortunately, it made him really sick with the runs. Are there any other substitutes besides nutpods he can use for creamer in his coffee? (We suspect the gums in the nutpods are causing the issue, as my husband regularly eats nuts and has no problems tolerating coconut milk. He has been using coconut milk in his coffee, but he would rather have another creamer substitute. 

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, juliagracie said:

My husband and I are doing the Whole30 together. My husband is a coffee drinker, so I ordered him the nutpods. Unfortunately, it made him really sick with the runs. Are there any other substitutes besides nutpods he can use for creamer in his coffee? (We suspect the gums in the nutpods are causing the issue, as my husband regularly eats nuts and has no problems tolerating coconut milk. He has been using coconut milk in his coffee, but he would rather have another creamer substitute. 

Califia Farms has some compliant nut milks... check the ingredients... I think they have a 'creamer' but not sure that one is compliant.  Why does it have to be another creamer substitute?  Canned full fat coconut is creamier than anything you can buy as a substitute so maybe that's an option?  

Try making some homemade almond or cashew milk! Lots of recipes/methods online. For extra creamy almond milk I soak them for 48 hrs and then blend for 2 minutes on high. Has the consistency of a creamer but it only has almonds and water...and sometimes cinnamon! 

You can use canned coconut cream, califia farms unsweetend almond milk (LOVE IT!), unsweetend coconut milk, there's a brand called wander life creamer that's compliant... There are tons of options. I'm not much of a coffee drinker (cold brew all the way!), but I'll use a non dairy milk as my "creamer". 

Archived